Processor: AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+ /
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400
Display Card!: ATI Radeon X800 Series 256MB /
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series 256MB
Memory: 2048MB
Free Disk Space: 15GB
Operating System: Windows XP SP2 / Vista

Laptop #1

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5070664/Trail/searchtext%3EACER+ASPIRE+BLUE.htm

OR

Laptop #2

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pavilion-dv6-1299ea-Notebook-Dual-Core-Processor/dp/tech-data/B002GYVM9G/ref=de_a_smtd

I have been debating with myself for some time and would really appreaciate your opinion on the matter. Thanks.

I also wasn't quite sure where to put this thread, if i have misplaced it please correct me.

MGDJoker

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I would go with the Acer. HP, I have had so many problems with HP in the past that they are on top of my shitlist . Acer overall makes a decent product. They all have there pros and there cons.

HP loves to refuse to support there products. Half the time i try to install drivers for HP computers they don't even have them listed on there website. Then if u call them for support they ask for a creditcard to talk to a person. Then u can use there online chat with a tech in which they try to sell u a driver disk, or give u a false link for drivers then exit chat.

I also have had my share of issues with Acer but not nearly as bad as with HP.

I personally would go with Asus for a good gaming Notebook. Plus there quality control and support is top notch in the industry . Only thing that sucks about Asus is there website is slow as hell.

I was an Acer and Asus reseller for several years and Asus always game out on top in my book. You'll pay more for price on Asus, but its for the quality.

saspencer7

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Thanks Joker. It just seems to me that the HP is slightly ahead in terms of specifications though so its a hard choice to make. Unfortunately i have a budget and want to get top spec for that budget. Do you think the slightly better spec of the HP will make a noteable difference ingame?