I've had to reinstall Windows XP (Home) on a new hard drive. Somehow, I
can't seem to resize my taskbar. I've right-clicked on the taskbar and "Lock
the Taskbar" is unchecked. I can resize it taller/larger, but I can't resize
it to down to one line. It is currently 2 lines high and shows the
following, each on their own line.

Time
Day
Date

I tried turning off the clock. But the icons still seem to stack
vertically, rather than spreading out horizontally.

I tried dragging my taskbar to the right side of the screen and to the top
of the screen, but I don't seem to be able to drag it to a new position,
either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Never mind, M-Peeps. It seems that when I right-clicked on the taskbarand
then on Toolbars and then turned OFF Quick Launch, the problem resolved
itself.

Hi,
If you play around with the Quick Launch bar and get it down to 1 row, you
can have Quick Launch enabled and still have a 1 row taskbar. I've had to do
this a few times (cleaning up after students.)

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Tampa-Terry" wrote in message
> Never mind, M-Peeps. It seems that when I right-clicked on the taskbarand
> then on Toolbars and then turned OFF Quick Launch, the problem resolved
> itself.

I always drag my QuickLaunch bar to the left side of my screen and set it
for Always on Top and AutoHide.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com