• Yes

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters

MGDJoker

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Give reasons why and why not. Im just still pissed off ever since BF2. It seems like they get there hands on a nice franchise , build up a good fanbase then just start pumping out piss poor predecessors . Mainly the Battlefield series is my main complaint. BF2 was the biggest let down for me. The game was so jacked up and glitchy that it was almost unplayable for me and several of my friends.

Crysis also seemed like it was rushed due to pressure from EA to put the game put before christmas. The 2nd half of the game was really annoying and bland. Also half the stuff Crytek said was going tobe in the game never made it in. Like squad based missions, true open ended gameplay, and at first coop gameplay which they later scrapped coming up on launch.

Now from what i understand is that BF1943 is delayed till spring 2010. granted its not a full game but i wish i could relive the good ol days of 1942 again on a modern game engine.

I've had to much Monster and i just feel Ranting and Raving !!! :bounce:

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I voted no because it's stupid to hate a game because of a publisher, as is all fanboy-ism.

BTW I don't think Crysis was rushed to get out before Christmas as much as it was just rushed to finally get out. The game kept on getting delayed and considering all the hype years before it's release it was starting to look like another Duke Nukem For Ever.

MGDJoker

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I would have rather had Crysis come out a year later and had more of the stuff they talked about in it, plus so hardware could catch up. Even tho Warhead was alot shorter i think the action was stellar. Felt alittle like a Rail Shooter but More friendly on the system than Crysis and looks somewhat nicer.

The next big game im waiting for that EA has on there table is APB. So far the game looks awesome as hell but im not holding my breath. I signed up for the beta and hopefully EA can redeem themselves in my eyes.

Two reasons why I don't hate them: BFME and C&C3 . I suppose I could rant and rave about EA swallowing up Westwood Studios, but at least they kept the C&C franchise alive and kicking with some very decent titles.

jay_l_a

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008
I do. I really hate them. Sometimes I wake up in the night crying because I hate them so much.
One time, I was eating pebbles, and I just crunched them all up, because I was thinking of how much I hate EA.
And then this othertime, I was driving a truck, and I got EA rage, and I just drove into this crowd of people, and the rage-tears in my eyes made the blood and dismembered limbs blur into a single kaleidoscope of self-vindicating brain candy.

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Tomshardwareforum pisses me off more.
I write a fairly long post and all i get from the end is ***ED UP BURNOUT.

thanks =D

Basically they produce lots of *** games and not many good ones
they dont like guys with widescreens
and they used some DRM at some point.

Dekasav

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
I'm more pissed at Ubisoft, too, actually. The DRM they put in won't let me play my LEGAL game because I use a sata dvd drive. Seriously? Though, the fact that they stole a pirate's code as a "fix" is utterly hilarious.

Though, EA upsets me sometimes, they have a tendency to run good game franchises/developers into rehashes of the same-old-thing, and they don't put out too many good games.

But I don't hate any of them, least not as much as I hate Twinkies.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Are you complaining about DICE or EA? I think BF2 and 2142 are great. I am hanging on the edge of my seat for BF3 as a matter of fact.

However, one beef I do have with EA is their electronic purchasing side. I will never buy online through EA for one specific reason - Extended Download Service fee.

"we'll keep a copy of your file for two full years, so you don't have to. You'll gain peace of mind knowing that we have your program stored and ready for you to download again at your convenience."

REALLY? Do they really say...oops, we don't have "your file", you should have purchased the EDS...have a nice day. Sounds like a scare tactic to get people to buy their receipt.

I have had to DL 2142 at least 5 times already since I have purchased it. Are they going to deny me next time I try DL it? I think that aspect of EA is pretty sick hence...I will never buy electronically from EA again.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009

Do you mean that they charge more on steam than not on steam? I have not used steam so I do not understand what you mean here.

SnareSpectre

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
I thought Mass Effect and Dead Space were really good games, and they both had EA on the front of the box. Plus, Tiger Woods 10 for Wii is exceptional.

I understand all the frustration over their DRM tactics, though.

randomizer

Champion

The US Steam mirror is often $20 cheaper for Ubisoft games than on the Aussie Steam mirror. At one stage Far Cry 2 was $49.99 on the US mirror and $69.99 on the AU mirror. Both are now $19.99 though, so it seems it's more for newer releases that Aussies get slugged the UbiFee.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I love EA games that they have "assimilated" however I don't like EA. I've wasted too much money on them for products that I keep being dissapointed on. I don't learn

Command and Conquer: LAN broken
CnC Zero Hour: LAN broken, same problem
CnC3 and Yuri's revenge? Same thing, same darn LAN issues.

I own a few more games and they have issues as well. The LAN issue is well known and they have yet to fix it.

Now, I just upgraded to a new PC and Windows 7. Guess what. The games don't work on it, not even in compatibility mode. No surprise there since they had a hard time working on my other PC with Windows XP. I tried hooking up the PC to a 46" TV at 1080P, and where most games worked, EA games didn't want to work by saying Direct X wasn't there, please install Direct X. WHAT? So I plug my monitor in it again, it works fine, plug the TV, it doesn't work.

Seems EA just doesn't like to do things in a way that is compatible with many software or hardware, sort of. Seems like following the rules to program for Windows (c) are not followed, so a new OS won't work. Also, comon, make the games work when you're a USER on the computer, not ADMINISTRATOR, this is not rocket science.

What type of LAN issues? I've been LAN'ing C&C games for, oh, must be 12 years now, with minimal trouble. Sure, some of the older titles don't work properly on XP and the newer OS'es, but that's why they released The First Decade (which is dirt cheap for the amount of stuff you get).

This mayb be a topic for an offline discussion, but maybe I can help out with your LAN issues if you're a bit more specific.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I'm not quite sure I remember the issue, but I think it was an Out of Sync issue. The way to reduce how often the error happened was to run a VPN software thru the internet, like Hamachi. The error would still pop up tho. In CnC3, you would get that kind of error when you deployed the secret weapons along with another one. If a game becomes out of sync, why not just make the program pause it momentarily and sync it again? Issue claimed to be solved but it wasn't.

The problem is with all CnC games because they used in whole or part, the same engines.

I've never encountered this before, either in LAN or when playing online. But then again, I've never tried playing via a VPN.