1.10 Pure Summons Druid

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 24, 2005 1:43:44 AM

All,

I just found that polearm that has a 33% chance to cast decrepify. Cool
stuff. So, I'm thinking of making a pure summons druid, since vs
Physical Immunes, I could possibly tough it out when fighting them.
Originally I was thinking Fire Rogue for physical immunes but I'm
thinking an act merc might be better, because of the unique thresher
(decrepify). What do you think?

I would probably pump Heart of the Wolverine as my main spirit since I
am softcore single player. Would I be better off taking a Holy Freeze
merc to slow the rate damage comes in (and to give him time to kick off
his decrep)? Or should I go with a defiance merc to give my max
spirit/max dire/max grizzly summons even more staying power?

Thanks,

Lewis

More about : pure summons druid

June 24, 2005 1:04:00 PM

Short,

So a Might merc + Heart of the Wolverine isn't overkill?

Lewis
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 1:40:48 PM

<lewis@lwb.org> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I just found that polearm that has a 33% chance to cast decrepify. Cool
> stuff. So, I'm thinking of making a pure summons druid, since vs
> Physical Immunes, I could possibly tough it out when fighting them.
> Originally I was thinking Fire Rogue for physical immunes but I'm
> thinking an act merc might be better, because of the unique thresher
> (decrepify). What do you think?
>
> I would probably pump Heart of the Wolverine as my main spirit since I
> am softcore single player. Would I be better off taking a Holy Freeze
> merc to slow the rate damage comes in (and to give him time to kick off
> his decrep)? Or should I go with a defiance merc to give my max
> spirit/max dire/max grizzly summons even more staying power?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lewis

Personally, I'd get a Might Merc.

short

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 24, 2005 2:05:35 PM

All,

Two more things.

1) Can a pure summoner druid make it on base mana?

On the one hand, I know a Summoner Necromancer can. On the other hand,
the druid summons are less durable and there are less of them, so
re-summon spam may be necessary for some fights. I'm trying to get my
Str to 77 in case I ever get a Dusk Shroud (for socketing Smoke in or
something). I want all my other points to split between Dex and Vit so
that by level 80 (my goal) I *could* have max blocking if I needed it,
but I'd also have the dex to shoot some decent bows. Then again, maybe
a summons druid doesn't need Dex but having max block sure seems to
help my sorceress against those act 5 nightmare spear flingers. Anyway
I want to be able to hit reliably with my Witchwild String.

So, I'd like base energy, just not sure how viable that is.

2) What is up with the poison vine? Is it a viable PI-killer in Hell?

I have seen some posts on the Amazon Basin saying that it rocks in
Normal and Nightmare and some even say its workable in Hell but I can't
quite tell. It does seem to do more damage to a monster when affecting
multiple monsters. Anyway, it also looks like a heavy spam recast skill
(to get stacking poison mats). I think it would not quite work with my
base energy build.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight on Poison Creeper.
It is one of those skills I *want* to like. Maybe I'll make a seperate
max poison creeper druid. :)

Thanks,

Lewis
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 1:53:34 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, lewis@lwb.org, supreme ruler of
bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Short,
>
>So a Might merc + Heart of the Wolverine isn't overkill?

I have one of these on WSCL, except mine has Oak Sage instead, I think (it's
been quite some time since I played him). His little crew are pretty
resilient. However, keep us informed of the effectiveness of a HOW version.

And Reapers is indeed an excellent choice for your mercenary.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, lewis@lwb.org, supreme ruler of
bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>All,
>
>Two more things.
>
>1) Can a pure summoner druid make it on base mana?

Yes.

And mine has some blocking just for the hell of it, since I tended to get
quite impatient with the AI of my squad from time to time, and would run ahead
of them to explore, instead of recasting them after every battle (I mostly
used the dire wolves).

>2) What is up with the poison vine? Is it a viable PI-killer in Hell?

My experience with it in hell was that it would generally die moments after I
cast it.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
!