HP Laserjet 1100 can't print on Mead security envelopes

Windows XP. MS Word 2003. Mead no#10 security envelope.

My HP Laserjet 1100 doesn't print on Mead no#10 security envelopes.
That's strange. It does print on another brand but thinner envelopes.
But that one is too thin that I don't like to use it. I use the
Envelopes and Labels function on MS Word 2003. The Mead envelope goes
half way in (I can see the other half on the paper bin). Then stops.
The light on the printer turns yellow and flashes. What seems to be
wrong and how to correct it?

Phone number to HP support?

HP support number is: 1 (800) 652-6672 but more than likely your
printer needs new feed assembly. It should feed those with no
problem. If you have good technical person, there is a kit available.

It's likely that the thicker Mead envelope is outside the range of thicknesses
accepted by the 1100, not the sturdiest printer for envelopes. Try this: Take
about 3 or 4 volumes of World Book (or similar) and stack them on top 25
envelopes for a day or two. Then try printing on the envelopes... Ben Myers

On 13 Sep 2004 20:52:09 -0400, bmw_ridr@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid
(shari) wrote:

>HP support number is: 1 (800) 652-6672 but more than likely your
>printer needs new feed assembly. It should feed those with no
>problem. If you have good technical person, there is a kit available.

Sure sure. my consin is a computer wiz. Where can I get the kit?
Online or local BestBuy kinda shop?

(shari) wrote:

>HP support number is: 1 (800) 652-6672 but more than likely your
>printer needs new feed assembly. It should feed those with no
>problem. If you have good technical person, there is a kit available.

Can someone let me know where I can get the said kit? Thanks.

I recommend www.fixyourownprinter.com for this sort of kit. HP once had a free
kit to fix up feed problems, but it was not much of a kit.

I'll repeat that the thickness of the envelope or the non-uniform thickness is
the problem... Ben Myers

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:45:04 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net
(Ben Myers) wrote:

>I recommend www.fixyourownprinter.com for this sort of kit. HP once had a free
>kit to fix up feed problems, but it was not much of a kit.
>
>I'll repeat that the thickness of the envelope or the non-uniform thickness is
>the problem... Ben Myers

Previously I thought it's just Mead security envelopes. I bought
Columbian regular white envelope and another Office Depot brand. It's
the same. The kind that did go through are a very think one that I
bought at 99 cents store. But the envelope is too think to be useful to
me.

I went to the site you mentioned. It has only one kit for the
multiple-sheet feed problem with Laserjet 1100. So that can't help.

Now I think of it, the problem appeared after someone replaced the ink
cartridge. The ink cartridge seems to be damaged on one side. Some
fresh white marks suggests that some pieces of plastic tips broke off
there. Could that cause the problem?

I'm including two picture links that show the position of the half-way
envelope and the likely damaged ink-cartridge. You'll know the problem
better. Thanks.

http://www.geocities.com/web378/a.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/web378/b.jpg