HP Laserjet 1100 can't print on Mead security envelopes

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

Windows XP. MS Word 2003. Mead no#10 security envelope.

My HP Laserjet 1100 doesn't print on Mead no#10 security envelopes.
That's strange. It does print on another brand but thinner envelopes.
But that one is too thin that I don't like to use it. I use the
Envelopes and Labels function on MS Word 2003. The Mead envelope goes
half way in (I can see the other half on the paper bin). Then stops.
The light on the printer turns yellow and flashes. What seems to be
wrong and how to correct it?

Phone number to HP support?
6 answers Last reply
More about laserjet 1100 print mead security envelopes
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

    HP support number is: 1 (800) 652-6672 but more than likely your
    printer needs new feed assembly. It should feed those with no
    problem. If you have good technical person, there is a kit available.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

    It's likely that the thicker Mead envelope is outside the range of thicknesses
    accepted by the 1100, not the sturdiest printer for envelopes. Try this: Take
    about 3 or 4 volumes of World Book (or similar) and stack them on top 25
    envelopes for a day or two. Then try printing on the envelopes... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:28:24 -0400, cindi <Cindi@nomail.aol.com> wrote:

    >Windows XP. MS Word 2003. Mead no#10 security envelope.
    >
    >My HP Laserjet 1100 doesn't print on Mead no#10 security envelopes.
    >That's strange. It does print on another brand but thinner envelopes.
    >But that one is too thin that I don't like to use it. I use the
    >Envelopes and Labels function on MS Word 2003. The Mead envelope goes
    >half way in (I can see the other half on the paper bin). Then stops.
    >The light on the printer turns yellow and flashes. What seems to be
    >wrong and how to correct it?
    >
    >Phone number to HP support?
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

    On 13 Sep 2004 20:52:09 -0400, bmw_ridr@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid
    (shari) wrote:

    >HP support number is: 1 (800) 652-6672 but more than likely your
    >printer needs new feed assembly. It should feed those with no
    >problem. If you have good technical person, there is a kit available.

    Sure sure. my consin is a computer wiz. Where can I get the kit?
    Online or local BestBuy kinda shop?
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

    On 13 Sep 2004 20:52:09 -0400, bmw_ridr@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid
    (shari) wrote:

    >HP support number is: 1 (800) 652-6672 but more than likely your
    >printer needs new feed assembly. It should feed those with no
    >problem. If you have good technical person, there is a kit available.


    Can someone let me know where I can get the said kit? Thanks.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

    I recommend www.fixyourownprinter.com for this sort of kit. HP once had a free
    kit to fix up feed problems, but it was not much of a kit.

    I'll repeat that the thickness of the envelope or the non-uniform thickness is
    the problem... Ben Myers

    On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:11:15 -0400, Cindi <Cindi@nomail.aol.com> wrote:

    >On 13 Sep 2004 20:52:09 -0400, bmw_ridr@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid
    >(shari) wrote:
    >
    >>HP support number is: 1 (800) 652-6672 but more than likely your
    >>printer needs new feed assembly. It should feed those with no
    >>problem. If you have good technical person, there is a kit available.
    >
    >
    >Can someone let me know where I can get the said kit? Thanks.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:45:04 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net
    (Ben Myers) wrote:

    >I recommend www.fixyourownprinter.com for this sort of kit. HP once had a free
    >kit to fix up feed problems, but it was not much of a kit.
    >
    >I'll repeat that the thickness of the envelope or the non-uniform thickness is
    >the problem... Ben Myers
    >
    Previously I thought it's just Mead security envelopes. I bought
    Columbian regular white envelope and another Office Depot brand. It's
    the same. The kind that did go through are a very think one that I
    bought at 99 cents store. But the envelope is too think to be useful to
    me.

    I went to the site you mentioned. It has only one kit for the
    multiple-sheet feed problem with Laserjet 1100. So that can't help.

    Now I think of it, the problem appeared after someone replaced the ink
    cartridge. The ink cartridge seems to be damaged on one side. Some
    fresh white marks suggests that some pieces of plastic tips broke off
    there. Could that cause the problem?

    I'm including two picture links that show the position of the half-way
    envelope and the likely damaged ink-cartridge. You'll know the problem
    better. Thanks.

    http://www.geocities.com/web378/a.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/web378/b.jpg
Ask a new question

Read More

Hewlett Packard Security Microsoft Word Laserjet Computers