Are we new users supposed to call this number? I have auto..

Are we new users supposed to call this number? I have auto dial on my XP in
the dialer but am I required to call?

Call the following number FROM YOUR PHONE: 888-382-1222
In a few weeks, cell phone numbers are going to be released to telemarketing
companies and you will start to receive sales calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED
FOR THESE CALLS. To prevent this, call the following number FROM YOUR CELL
PHONE: 888-382-1222

This is the National DO NOT CALL LIST. It blocks your number for five (5)
years. Please have all associates who have company cell phones do this.
The whole process takes less than 2 minutes. Thank you.

Call the following number FROM YOUR PHONE: 888-382-1222
12 answers Last reply
More about users supposed call number auto

    CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE wrote:
    > Are we new users supposed to call this number? I have auto dial on my XP in
    > the dialer but am I required to call?
    >
    > Call the following number FROM YOUR PHONE: 888-382-1222
    > In a few weeks, cell phone numbers are going to be released to telemarketing
    > companies and you will start to receive sales calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED
    > FOR THESE CALLS. To prevent this, call the following number FROM YOUR CELL
    > PHONE: 888-382-1222
    >
    > This is the National DO NOT CALL LIST. It blocks your number for five (5)
    > years. Please have all associates who have company cell phones do this.
    > The whole process takes less than 2 minutes. Thank you.
    >
    > Call the following number FROM YOUR PHONE: 888-382-1222

    See http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/dncalrt.htm for additional
    information about the do not call registry. Also see
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    > Are we new users supposed to call this number? I have auto
    > dial on my XP in the dialer but am I required to call?
    >
    > Call the following number FROM YOUR PHONE: 888-382-1222
    > In a few weeks, cell phone numbers are going to be released to
    > telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales
    > calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS. To prevent this,
    > call the following number FROM YOUR CELL PHONE: 888-382-1222
    >
    > This is the National DO NOT CALL LIST. It blocks your number
    > for five (5) years. Please have all associates who have
    > company cell phones do this. The whole process takes less than
    > 2 minutes. Thank you.
    >
    > Call the following number FROM YOUR PHONE: 888-382-1222

    You might want to take a look at these articles:

    http://www.privacyrights.org/Consumer/CellTMers.htm

    http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/celldirectory.html

    And if you want some more opinions:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=In+a+few+weeks%2C+cell+phone+numbers+are+going+to+be+released+to+&btnG=Google+Search

    On the other hand, if it will make you feel better, there's
    nothing stopping you from registering your cell phone number.
    Here's the web site:

    http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/donotcall/index.html

    Nepatsfan

    Is %2 a break / line wrap in a HTML link?

    You will find much more info at:
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    =======================================
    Regards,
    Gary 'Doc' Adams
    Louisiana @ 314.479.8201
    LsuEdu @ msn.com
    http://military.accaw.org
    ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
    =======================================

    "Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
    > <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    >> Are we new users supposed to call this number? I have auto dial on my XP
    >> in the dialer but am I required to call?
    >>
    >> Call the following number FROM YOUR PHONE: 888-382-1222
    >> In a few weeks, cell phone numbers are going to be released to
    >> telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls. YOU
    >> WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS. To prevent this, call the following
    >> number FROM YOUR CELL PHONE: 888-382-1222
    >>
    >> This is the National DO NOT CALL LIST. It blocks your number for five (5)
    >> years. Please have all associates who have company cell phones do this.
    >> The whole process takes less than 2 minutes. Thank you.
    >>
    >> Call the following number FROM YOUR PHONE: 888-382-1222
    >>

    > You might want to take a look at these articles:
    >
    > http://www.privacyrights.org/Consumer/CellTMers.htm
    >
    > http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/celldirectory.html
    >
    > And if you want some more opinions:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=In+a+few+weeks%2C+cell+phone+numbers+are+going+to+be+released+to+&btnG=Google+Search
    >
    > On the other hand, if it will make you feel better, there's nothing
    > stopping you from registering your cell phone number. Here's the web site:
    >
    > http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/donotcall/index.html
    >
    > Nepatsfan

    I don't think it has anything to do with line wrapping. The %
    sign show up in the address bar every time I do a Google search.

    Nepatsfan

    > Is %2 a break / line wrap in a HTML link?
    >
    > You will find much more info at:
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > =======================================
    > Regards,
    > Gary 'Doc' Adams
    > Louisiana @ 314.479.8201
    > LsuEdu @ msn.com
    > http://military.accaw.org
    > ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~

    CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE wrote:
    > Is %2 a break / line wrap in a HTML link?

    The full is %2C which is a coma.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    Is this for real?

    Locke

    <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    > Are we new users supposed to call this number? I have auto dial on my XP
    > in the dialer but am I required to call?
    >
    > Call the following number FROM YOUR PHONE: 888-382-1222
    > In a few weeks, cell phone numbers are going to be released to
    > telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls. YOU
    > WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS. To prevent this, call the following
    > number FROM YOUR CELL PHONE: 888-382-1222
    >
    > This is the National DO NOT CALL LIST. It blocks your number for five (5)
    > years. Please have all associates who have company cell phones do this.
    > The whole process takes less than 2 minutes. Thank you.
    >
    > Call the following number FROM YOUR PHONE: 888-382-1222

    I have tried to put text in cells here with 'text wrap' but I don't know how
    to do it;
    http://military.accaw.org/guestbook/

    Is there is a long HTML link it stretches the cell across the page / screen
    instead of text wrapping. Maybe I will test with your % stuff.

    >I don't think it has anything to do with line wrapping. The % sign show up
    >in the address bar every time I do a Google search.
    >
    > Nepatsfan
    >

    > <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    >> Is %2 a break / line wrap in a HTML link?
    >>
    >> You will find much more info at:
    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> =======================================
    >> Regards,
    >> Gary 'Doc' Adams
    >> Louisiana @ 314.479.8201
    >> LsuEdu @ msn.com
    >> http://military.accaw.org
    >> ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~

    The % sign in a URL indicates a non-standard character. %20 is the hexadecimal representation of 32, which corresponds to a space. Anytime you see % followed by a number, its usually something that would cause a link to break.

    Fake example: http://www.dougknox.com/this is my test page.htm is a link that would break, due to the spaces.

    http://www.dougknox.com/this%20is%20my%20test%20page.htm

    Would not break.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 19:06:35 -0500, Locke wrote:

    > Is this for real?

    Who knows? I wouldn't respond to an email of this type or follow its
    directions. If at all interested, would track down the .gov site mentioned
    and, if cell phone numbers are accepted, register the number.

    Be very suspicious of emails of this sort. "Social engineering" is a method
    used by the "bad guys" to gain your trust with the hope that you will then
    impart confidential information to them. They usually sound plausible
    enough - factual to a point but not quite kosher. Then you think twice or
    have more coffee - whichever comes first - and press the Delete key.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    If you're having problems with long links wrapping, you might
    want to try the following:

    First, right click the link that you're trying to include in your
    message and select Copy.
    Next, go to this web site:

    http://tinyurl.com/

    Right click in the box on that page and select Paste.
    Click the button next to the box.
    On the page that pops up, copy the new link that starts
    http://tinyurl.com/.
    You can now paste this link wherever you wanted to insert the
    much larger link.
    Note: While you're on that page you might want to click on where
    it says "Open in new window" just to make sure that your new link
    goes to the correct page.

    As an example, I posted this link in my earlier message:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=In+a+few+weeks%2C+cell+phone+numbers+are+going+to+be+released+to+&btnG=Google+Search

    Here's the link produced by Tinyurl:

    http://tinyurl.com/bpavb

    They both point to the same web site. The second one won't have
    line wrapping issues.

    If after trying this you still run into problems, post back with
    more info. Include the link that you're having problems with.
    Also, be a little more specific as to what you're trying to
    accomplish.

    Good luck

    Nepatsfan

    <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    >I have tried to put text in cells here with 'text wrap' but I
    >don't know how to do it;
    > http://military.accaw.org/guestbook/
    >
    > Is there is a long HTML link it stretches the cell across the
    > page / screen instead of text wrapping. Maybe I will test with
    > your % stuff.
    >
    > You will find much more info at:
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > =======================================
    > Regards,
    > Gary 'Doc' Adams
    > Louisiana @ 314.479.8201
    > LsuEdu @ msn.com
    > http://military.accaw.org
    > ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
    > =======================================
    >
    > "Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
    >>I don't think it has anything to do with line wrapping. The %
    >>sign show up in the address bar every time I do a Google
    >>search.
    >>
    >> Nepatsfan
    >>

    >> <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    >>> Is %2 a break / line wrap in a HTML link?
    >>>
    >>> You will find much more info at:
    >>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >>> =======================================
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Gary 'Doc' Adams
    >>> Louisiana @ 314.479.8201
    >>> LsuEdu @ msn.com
    >>> http://military.accaw.org
    >>> ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
    >>> =======================================

    I really appreciate the help. I need all the advice I can get about
    computers and the Internet.

    I am not having much luck with learning how to design a military web site
    with a guestbook. It works for about a week then it is like a woman - it
    just stops working;
    http://military.accaw.org/guestbook/

    Best regards,

    Gary Adams
    http://military.accaw.org/adams/

    > If you're having problems with long links wrapping, you might
    > want to try the following:
    >
    > First, right click the link that you're trying to include in your message
    > and select Copy.
    > Next, go to this web site:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/
    >
    > Right click in the box on that page and select Paste.
    > Click the button next to the box.
    > On the page that pops up, copy the new link that starts
    > http://tinyurl.com/.
    > You can now paste this link wherever you wanted to insert the
    > much larger link.
    > Note: While you're on that page you might want to click on where
    > it says "Open in new window" just to make sure that your new link
    > goes to the correct page.
    >
    > As an example, I posted this link in my earlier message:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=In+a+few+weeks%2C+cell+phone+numbers+are+going+to+be+released+to+&btnG=Google+Search
    >
    > Here's the link produced by Tinyurl:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/bpavb
    >
    > They both point to the same web site. The second one won't have
    > line wrapping issues.
    >
    > If after trying this you still run into problems, post back with
    > more info. Include the link that you're having problems with.
    > Also, be a little more specific as to what you're trying to
    > accomplish.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Nepatsfan
    >

    > <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    >>I have tried to put text in cells here with 'text wrap' but I
    >>don't know how to do it;
    >> http://military.accaw.org/guestbook/
    >>
    >> Is there is a long HTML link it stretches the cell across the
    >> page / screen instead of text wrapping. Maybe I will test with
    >> your % stuff.
    >>
    >> You will find much more info at:
    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> =======================================
    >> Regards,
    >> Gary 'Doc' Adams
    >> Louisiana @ 314.479.8201
    >> LsuEdu @ msn.com
    >> http://military.accaw.org
    >> ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
    >> =======================================
    >>
    >> "Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
    >>>I don't think it has anything to do with line wrapping. The %
    >>>sign show up in the address bar every time I do a Google
    >>>search.
    >>>
    >>> Nepatsfan
    >>>

    >>> <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message

    I don't think you're going to find the answer I gave you to be of
    much help. I thought you were looking to post a message to the
    guestbook. Sorry for the confusion.

    That said, you might want to post your question to a newsgroup
    that's focused on web design or HTML.

    Good luck with your site.

    Nepatsfan

    >I really appreciate the help. I need all the advice I can get
    >about computers and the Internet.
    >
    > I am not having much luck with learning how to design a
    > military web site with a guestbook. It works for about a week
    > then it is like a woman - it just stops working;
    > http://military.accaw.org/guestbook/
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Gary Adams
    > http://military.accaw.org/adams/
    >
    > "Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
    >> If you're having problems with long links wrapping, you might
    >> want to try the following:
    >>
    >> First, right click the link that you're trying to include in
    >> your message and select Copy.
    >> Next, go to this web site:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/
    >>
    >> Right click in the box on that page and select Paste.
    >> Click the button next to the box.
    >> On the page that pops up, copy the new link that starts
    >> http://tinyurl.com/.
    >> You can now paste this link wherever you wanted to insert the
    >> much larger link.
    >> Note: While you're on that page you might want to click on
    >> where
    >> it says "Open in new window" just to make sure that your new
    >> link
    >> goes to the correct page.
    >>
    >> As an example, I posted this link in my earlier message:
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=In+a+few+weeks%2C+cell+phone+numbers+are+going+to+be+released+to+&btnG=Google+Search
    >>
    >> Here's the link produced by Tinyurl:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/bpavb
    >>
    >> They both point to the same web site. The second one won't
    >> have
    >> line wrapping issues.
    >>
    >> If after trying this you still run into problems, post back
    >> with
    >> more info. Include the link that you're having problems with.
    >> Also, be a little more specific as to what you're trying to
    >> accomplish.
    >>
    >> Good luck
    >>
    >> Nepatsfan
    >>

    >> <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    >>>I have tried to put text in cells here with 'text wrap' but I
    >>>don't know how to do it;
    >>> http://military.accaw.org/guestbook/
    >>>
    >>> Is there is a long HTML link it stretches the cell across the
    >>> page / screen instead of text wrapping. Maybe I will test
    >>> with
    >>> your % stuff.
    >>>
    >>> You will find much more info at:
    >>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/