Freelancer problem please help me

mmmikezd

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
I'm at level 23 in Freelancer and would like to be able to go to the next level and even higher later. This what it says. It says that I'm at level 23 and my current worth is 218,025 and then where it says "Next Level Requirement It says "MISSION"

I thought when it says "MISSION" that meant that when I finished the NEXT Mission I would go to the next level which would be Level 24.

Well I have completed a few Missions and it still hasn't taken me up a level at all. Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need more money?, Kill more People?.

I thought I would come here and ask a few people that might know what I have to do to get to the next level.

Thanks.

Mike.

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Well, I cant help you, but if you are at level 23, that means you beat Hovis in the race at level 11, can you tell me how to do it. As for your plight, perhaps you should look at yout neural net, sounds like maybe you got sidetraced from a meeting with Juni.

kaitheus

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Complete a story based mission to further lvl up an to side quests before every mission then go back to the story missions. Also sometimes mods will get in the way of certain missions etc so if you have any installed try that mission without that mod.

TO reconviperone:

to beat Hovis in that race use your overdrive or w/e I forget the name but its not your *Booster* the other drive, I've never lost to him :D Press Shift+W to use that Drive and stay in 3rd person view when doing the race.

mmmikezd

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009

i DON'T HAVE ANY mODS INSTALLED. i THINK THE REASON i CAN'T LEVEL UP IS BECAUSE i NEVER BEAT THAT guy in that race.

I went to a web page and downloaded a file to take me to level 23. thats probably why i can't go to another level. it does say in there that what i have to do is do a mission but like i said befoe i have done about 20 or so missions but it won't let me go to anohter level.

i did it because i just can't beat that guy at that race. i have tried it about 50 times now so far and i can't get it to go thru a gate very well at all.

The game is more or less useless to me as it is now. i can't win at the race and i can't go to any other level until i do so i guess its time to un-install the game.

mmmikezd

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009

i DON'T HAVE ANY mODS INSTALLED. i THINK THE REASON i CAN'T LEVEL UP IS BECAUSE i NEVER BEAT THAT guy in that race.

I went to a web page and downloaded a file to take me to level 23. thats probably why i can't go to another level. it does say in there that what i have to do is do a mission but like i said befoe i have done about 20 or so missions but it won't let me go to anohter level.

i did it because i just can't beat that guy at that race. i have tried it about 50 times now so far and i can't get it to go thru a gate very well at all.

The game is more or less useless to me as it is now. i can't win at the race and i can't go to any other level until i do so i guess its time to un-install the game.

mmmikezd

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009

I tried what you said and i still can't baet that guy in that race. I have tried so many times i just gave up.

thanks for the help anyway.

kaitheus

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009

What kind of ship are you using ? You should be using a Light Fighter for that part of the game, if using a frieghter type ship your never win because of there bad turn rates. And if you Really had to there's other ship mods out there say at moddb.com but you shouldn't need those to beat story missions an I didn't use mods till after I beat the game. lolz I could post a video of me beating Hovis but that would be pointless I would think. :(

mmmikezd

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009

send me the video if you would. Maybe if i seen what you did it might help me. My e-mail address is mmmikezd@comcast.net if you want to do it that way.

You know what would help me the most would be for you to copy level 11 from your hard drive in the freelancer folder and send it to me. That way i could go on with my game without having to beat him in that race.

I am handicaped so it is hard for me to use the mouse very well. Do you know where the files are for the levels?

That would be so nice of you to do that for me if you would i would love it. I was so so enjoying the game until they had to put that race thing in the game. I am just about going to just un-install the game. well if you don't uplaod that file to me that is what i am going to do, Just un-install the game.

I have tried to beat this guy more than 100 times now and i just can't seem to be able to do it.

Thanks anyway if you don't want to send me that file.

thanks,

Mike

kaitheus

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
I'll go ahead an get a video up with me racing Hovis ^^ I'll have this vid up some time in the morning if not a little later I had to re-install it cause of a mod >.> lols but shouldn't take me much longer then that unless something else happens lol (Real Life :O!) :D