Intel itself is manufacturing motherboards?

varghesejim

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2003
I heard this from my friend.He told intel is outsourcing motherboard manufacturing to thirdparties and simply labelling it as intel brand.Nonsense,right?

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
whatever. as long as the quality of the board is maintained and comes with the INTEL sticker and warranty, i wudnt mind :smile:

If it was not for <b><font color=red>C</font color=red></b>, we wud be using <b><font color=blue>BASI, PASAL & OBOL</font color=blue></b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Intel has been manufacturing it's own boards for at least 10 years, most of them for OEM's such as Gateway (who later went with MSI to save money) and Dell. I haven't heard of them outsourcing board manufacturing, but if they did, it would still be by Intel design, certification, and warranty.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

varghesejim

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2003
I just have a curiosity to find the actual manufacturer(in case) of intel maotherboards.
I have an intel motherboard with AMI bios.I tried a small software downloaded from AMI site
to find the actual manufacturer.But the software responded "as this is an intel motherboard this will not work ".
Why it is so?As the bios is AMI the software should work.So intel want to hide something?