System restore gone bad? its eating all my hardrive :-(

hi, I have a big problem, and its big cause its eating my hardrive, or
something is hidding in my hardrive, but the thing is this, because of some
lost drivers I did ssystem restore, I have a 120 gig hardrive, from which I
had 91 gigs still available, I had to do a restore to look for drives, didnt
work, went back to restore doing it one day, and if didnt work, I did it
again going one day further, so anyways, after doing like 12 restores, things
worked good, but the problem is that now my hardrive is showing that I have
18 gigs of space available, when I had 91 gigs of space available before all
the restores, can anybody help me with this?
Thanks !
Alberto
Mav73@swbell.net

Alberto;
How much space do you have allocated to system Restore?
That will be the space used by System Restore when it is working properly.

Turn off/on System Restore to delete corrupted files:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore.
Click System Restore Settings on left side.
Check "Turn off System Restore", click OK, follow prompts and reboot.
This deletes ALL Restore Points including corruption.
Then go back and turn on system Restore and create a Restore Point.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Alberto" <Alberto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, I have a big problem, and its big cause its eating my hardrive, or
> something is hidding in my hardrive, but the thing is this, because of
> some
> lost drivers I did ssystem restore, I have a 120 gig hardrive, from which
> had 91 gigs still available, I had to do a restore to look for drives,
> didnt
> work, went back to restore doing it one day, and if didnt work, I did it
> again going one day further, so anyways, after doing like 12 restores,
> things
> worked good, but the problem is that now my hardrive is showing that I
> have
> 18 gigs of space available, when I had 91 gigs of space available before
> all
> the restores, can anybody help me with this?
> Thanks !
> Alberto
> Mav73@swbell.net

TRENDING THREADS