Games On XP Home Only?

My son brought home some games which claimed to be suitable for Win98 and XP
Home only.
Why will these not run on XP Pro?
Is there a "fix" for this?
I've tried the "run this program in Win98 mode" option.

TIA

Phil
2 answers Last reply
More about games home only

    "TheScullster" <phil@dropthespam.com> wrote in message
    > My son brought home some games which claimed to be suitable for Win98 and
    > XP Home only.
    > Why will these not run on XP Pro?
    > Is there a "fix" for this?
    > I've tried the "run this program in Win98 mode" option.

    Phil,

    If they are stated to work on Windows XP Home they will work on Windows XP
    Professional too.
    Are you actually saying they will not run on your Windows XP Professional
    system ?

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    "TheScullster" <phil@dropthespam.com> wrote in message
    > My son brought home some games which claimed to be suitable for Win98 and
    > XP Home only.
    > Why will these not run on XP Pro?
    > Is there a "fix" for this?
    > I've tried the "run this program in Win98 mode" option.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Phil

    Mike

    > If they are stated to work on Windows XP Home they will work on Windows XP
    > Professional too.
    > Are you actually saying they will not run on your Windows XP Professional
    > system ?

    Yes, that is the situation. Unfortunately it's a while since I tried this
    and cannot remember the error message. I do recall it started the setup OK
    and seemed to be installing, then just dropped out with an error.

    Phil

Games Microsoft Windows XP