Games On XP Home Only?

My son brought home some games which claimed to be suitable for Win98 and XP
Home only.
Why will these not run on XP Pro?
Is there a "fix" for this?
I've tried the "run this program in Win98 mode" option.

TIA

Phil

"TheScullster" <phil@dropthespam.com> wrote in message
> My son brought home some games which claimed to be suitable for Win98 and
> XP Home only.
> Why will these not run on XP Pro?
> Is there a "fix" for this?
> I've tried the "run this program in Win98 mode" option.

Phil,

If they are stated to work on Windows XP Home they will work on Windows XP
Professional too.
Are you actually saying they will not run on your Windows XP Professional
system ?

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"TheScullster" <phil@dropthespam.com> wrote in message
> My son brought home some games which claimed to be suitable for Win98 and
> XP Home only.
> Why will these not run on XP Pro?
> Is there a "fix" for this?
> I've tried the "run this program in Win98 mode" option.
>
> TIA
>
> Phil

Mike

> If they are stated to work on Windows XP Home they will work on Windows XP
> Professional too.
> Are you actually saying they will not run on your Windows XP Professional
> system ?

Yes, that is the situation. Unfortunately it's a while since I tried this
and cannot remember the error message. I do recall it started the setup OK
and seemed to be installing, then just dropped out with an error.

Phil