help needed please!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

when i click on dell solution centre i get a message:-
c:\Dell\dellbutn.htm
invalid menu handle i tried to repair it but the message said it could not
find the path. i uninstalled it thinking i could reinstall it but when i put
in the cd as enstructed it came up windows is unable to find installation
program.also when i get a message:- windows has to close down.please report
this error i get a box with a long error message that it was not proccessed.
hope someone can help. thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about help needed please
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 04:26:04 -0700, kiershay wrote:

    > when i click on dell solution centre i get a message:-
    > c:\Dell\dellbutn.htm
    > invalid menu handle i tried to repair it but the message said it could not
    > find the path. i uninstalled it thinking i could reinstall it but when i put
    > in the cd as enstructed it came up windows is unable to find installation
    > program.also when i get a message:- windows has to close down.please report
    > this error i get a box with a long error message that it was not proccessed.
    > hope someone can help. thanks

    This would be a good question to ask Dell support or to look up on their
    support site.

    Meanwhile: Is the Dell Solution Center included as a separate install on
    one of the various CD's provided by Dell? Unless they incorporated the
    solution center right into the XP setup, you should find it as a separate
    package. Usually they provide 1) an operating system CD, 2) applications CD
    and 3) a tools and utilities CD. If able to reinstall the solution center
    only, I would look for it on disk 2 or 3.

    Another possibility: Dell may have it available for downloading from their
    website.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    i have 2 cd's for reinstalling dell dimension eurotools system software but i
    cant reinstall it

    "Sharon F" wrote:

    > On Wed, 25 May 2005 04:26:04 -0700, kiershay wrote:
    >
    > > when i click on dell solution centre i get a message:-
    > > c:\Dell\dellbutn.htm
    > > invalid menu handle i tried to repair it but the message said it could not
    > > find the path. i uninstalled it thinking i could reinstall it but when i put
    > > in the cd as enstructed it came up windows is unable to find installation
    > > program.also when i get a message:- windows has to close down.please report
    > > this error i get a box with a long error message that it was not proccessed.
    > > hope someone can help. thanks
    >
    > This would be a good question to ask Dell support or to look up on their
    > support site.
    >
    > Meanwhile: Is the Dell Solution Center included as a separate install on
    > one of the various CD's provided by Dell? Unless they incorporated the
    > solution center right into the XP setup, you should find it as a separate
    > package. Usually they provide 1) an operating system CD, 2) applications CD
    > and 3) a tools and utilities CD. If able to reinstall the solution center
    > only, I would look for it on disk 2 or 3.
    >
    > Another possibility: Dell may have it available for downloading from their
    > website.
    >
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
    >
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:46:11 -0700, kiershay wrote:

    > i have 2 cd's for reinstalling dell dimension eurotools system software but i
    > cant reinstall it

    Then you need to contact Dell Tech support. The program that is misfiring
    is a Dell add-on.
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    You may want to test by deleting that folder.
    Use this until you get it fixed; Start - Run - msinfo32 will bring up System
    Information.
    Go to Dell and DL the latest Dell Solution Centre that works with XP Srv Pak
    2.

    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?releaseid=R35893&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

    You will find much more info at:
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    =======================================
    Regards,
    Gary 'Doc' Adams
    Louisiana @ 314.479.8201
    LsuEdu @ msn.com
    http://military.accaw.org
    ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
    =======================================

    "kiershay" <kiershay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:F07930A2-FED5-4D63-A65F-48FDF2485DFB@microsoft.com...
    > when i click on dell solution centre i get a message:-
    > c:\Dell\dellbutn.htm
    > invalid menu handle i tried to repair it but the message said it could
    > not
    > find the path. i uninstalled it thinking i could reinstall it but when i
    > put
    > in the cd as enstructed it came up windows is unable to find installation
    > program.also when i get a message:- windows has to close down.please
    > report
    > this error i get a box with a long error message that it was not
    > proccessed.
    > hope someone can help. thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Dell Microsoft Windows XP