  • Dell
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
May 25, 2005 8:26:04 AM

when i click on dell solution centre i get a message:-
c:\Dell\dellbutn.htm
invalid menu handle i tried to repair it but the message said it could not
find the path. i uninstalled it thinking i could reinstall it but when i put
in the cd as enstructed it came up windows is unable to find installation
program.also when i get a message:- windows has to close down.please report
this error i get a box with a long error message that it was not proccessed.
hope someone can help. thanks

More about : needed

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 11:48:11 AM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 04:26:04 -0700, kiershay wrote:

> when i click on dell solution centre i get a message:-
> c:\Dell\dellbutn.htm
> invalid menu handle i tried to repair it but the message said it could not
> find the path. i uninstalled it thinking i could reinstall it but when i put
> in the cd as enstructed it came up windows is unable to find installation
> program.also when i get a message:- windows has to close down.please report
> this error i get a box with a long error message that it was not proccessed.
> hope someone can help. thanks

This would be a good question to ask Dell support or to look up on their
support site.

Meanwhile: Is the Dell Solution Center included as a separate install on
one of the various CD's provided by Dell? Unless they incorporated the
solution center right into the XP setup, you should find it as a separate
package. Usually they provide 1) an operating system CD, 2) applications CD
and 3) a tools and utilities CD. If able to reinstall the solution center
only, I would look for it on disk 2 or 3.

Another possibility: Dell may have it available for downloading from their
website.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

i have 2 cd's for reinstalling dell dimension eurotools system software but i
cant reinstall it

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Wed, 25 May 2005 04:26:04 -0700, kiershay wrote:
>
> > when i click on dell solution centre i get a message:-
> > c:\Dell\dellbutn.htm
> > invalid menu handle i tried to repair it but the message said it could not
> > find the path. i uninstalled it thinking i could reinstall it but when i put
> > in the cd as enstructed it came up windows is unable to find installation
> > program.also when i get a message:- windows has to close down.please report
> > this error i get a box with a long error message that it was not proccessed.
> > hope someone can help. thanks
>
> This would be a good question to ask Dell support or to look up on their
> support site.
>
> Meanwhile: Is the Dell Solution Center included as a separate install on
> one of the various CD's provided by Dell? Unless they incorporated the
> solution center right into the XP setup, you should find it as a separate
> package. Usually they provide 1) an operating system CD, 2) applications CD
> and 3) a tools and utilities CD. If able to reinstall the solution center
> only, I would look for it on disk 2 or 3.
>
> Another possibility: Dell may have it available for downloading from their
> website.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

May 25, 2005 3:57:49 PM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:46:11 -0700, kiershay wrote:

> i have 2 cd's for reinstalling dell dimension eurotools system software but i
> cant reinstall it

Then you need to contact Dell Tech support. The program that is misfiring
is a Dell add-on.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

You may want to test by deleting that folder.
Use this until you get it fixed; Start - Run - msinfo32 will bring up System
Information.
Go to Dell and DL the latest Dell Solution Centre that works with XP Srv Pak
2.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?r...

You will find much more info at:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/