Web page display is too small

All web pages I access (except microsoft) do not fill the window - they just
use the central part of it. It's really bugging me, as I am using a laptop
and it's extremely difficult to read. I've tried changing fonts etc but to
no avail. Please help if you can.
--
Ruth
1 answer Last reply

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:52:21 -0700, RuthieK wrote:

    > All web pages I access (except microsoft) do not fill the window - they just
    > use the central part of it. It's really bugging me, as I am using a laptop
    > and it's extremely difficult to read. I've tried changing fonts etc but to
    > no avail. Please help if you can.

    Ruthie, "web design" is why you are getting the display that you're seeing.
    The page author designed the page with set dimensions, a particular font
    size and centered the content. For this to change, the page author needs to
    re-design the page.

    If using Internet Explorer as your browser, there are some settings that
    *might* help. First under View is Font Size. The default setting is Medium.
    Try Larger to see if that helps.

    The other settings are in Internet Options (Tools> Internet Options from an
    Internet Explorer menu bar). On the General page, click Accessibility.
    Check box to ignore specified font size. Click OK. Close any open Internet
    Explorer windows. Then relaunch IE to let the changes take effect (if they
    haven't already).

    If still no luck and handy creating .CSS style sheets, use the option to
    implement your style sheet. This setting is Internet Options> General>
    Accessibility again.

    You could also write the webmaster for the site and inform them of the
    problem you're having viewing their page(s). If they get enough notes about
    this, they may re-think their design and rewrite the page so that it is
    more adaptable to the user's liking.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User