Another problem!

Tried to copy some files to and from a R/W cd which I had formated, using
win
xp, on another computer, I get a message saying, 'Windows does not support
this CD-RW format'.

It then says I must reformat the cd, which would mean destroying the files
I'm trying to move from one machine to another!

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net
1 answer Last reply
More about another problem

    Windows XP does not support "packet" writing, natively. When you formatted the disc, it was apparently done on a computer that had InCD or an equivalent program installed.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Alan Holmes" <alan.holmes@virgin.net> wrote in message news:073le.381$i4.26@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...

    > Tried to copy some files to and from a R/W cd which I had formated, using
    > win
    > xp, on another computer, I get a message saying, 'Windows does not support
    > this CD-RW format'.
    >
    > It then says I must reformat the cd, which would mean destroying the files
    > I'm trying to move from one machine to another!
    >
    > --
    > alan
    >
    > reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP