Sign in with
Your question

Getting kicked for no IP address

Last response: in Video Games
September 5, 2009 6:33:43 PM

My favorite COD4 server (or at least 1 of the admins) kicks me occasionally for not being able to see my IP address. Is this normal and, if so, how do I prevent the hiding of my address?

More about : kicked address

September 7, 2009 2:26:34 AM

Do you have a stealth web surfing program installed?
September 7, 2009 4:30:44 AM

Not to my knowledge. You mean like a spoof IP to cover your own. And I have COD as an exception to my Firewall.
Related resources
September 7, 2009 9:35:43 AM

What is your Internet Connection type and How are you actually connecting to the internet?
September 8, 2009 5:48:01 AM

DSL, modem (not wireless).
September 8, 2009 11:00:32 AM

Are you hooked to the DSL Modem By Ethernet, or USB?

Is your computer the only one connected to the modem or is there a Router, Switch, or Hub, in your setup for other machines to share the connection?

September 8, 2009 11:52:54 PM

Ethernet cable as a stand alone.
September 9, 2009 1:01:47 AM

Possibilities:

Bad ethernet cable or your NIC card, causing intermittent disruption of signal.

You could have a defective DSL modem, you might get in touch with your ISP and see if they have some tests you could run to test it.

Make absolutely positive every phone line has the DSL filter installed.

Other possibilities like your Firewall or Internet Security could cause it also, so theres a lot of possibilities.
September 9, 2009 3:48:09 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. Only the one admin seems to have a problem with it. Maybe his Grandpa was mean to him.
September 9, 2009 11:26:13 AM

Well I hope you can get it resolved, getting kicked in the middle of a game can be quite frustrating and irritating, especially if it happens repeatedly.
September 10, 2009 12:10:14 AM

4Ryan6 said:
Well I hope you can get it resolved, getting kicked in the middle of a game can be quite frustrating and irritating, especially if it happens repeatedly.

Thanks again for your help.
!