terry

how do I make and email a doc format. that is the only way this person will
accept my resume via email Thanks

In news:392E98DB-BD92-4670-B63A-D701005F6F96@microsoft.com,
Terry <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> how do I make and email a doc format. that is the only way this
> person will accept my resume via email Thanks

To make a file in doc format, you need to acquire an appropriate
word processing program that will create such a file. Microsoft
Word is the basic program that will do this. You can buy Word
alone, as part of Microsoft Office, or as part of Microsoft Works
*Suite*. You can also use a compatible program such as
WordPerfect, OpenOffice, or StarOffice.

Once you've created the file, to E-mail it, you attach it to your
message just as you would any other type of file.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Byte

You can use MS WordPad that should already be on your PC.
Start>All Programs>Accessories>WordPad
Make sure when you finish the document, click Safe As and type
in the name with the .doc extension.
--
Windows Beta Tester and
Programmer WNP

In news:0F78D1E6-1DEC-4DB2-8C42-C821A7DF201B@microsoft.com,
Byte <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> You can use MS WordPad that should already be on your PC.
> Start>All Programs>Accessories>WordPad
> Make sure when you finish the document, click Safe As and type
> in the name with the .doc extension.

No, WordPad doesn't permit saving in .doc format.

Please reply to the newsgroup

>> how do I make and email a doc format. that is the only way
>> this
>> person will accept my resume via email Thanks

You will need Ms word, Ms works, wordperfect or any other application that
can save as DOC and then attach it to your email

rt
"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do I make and email a doc format. that is the only way this person
> will
> accept my resume via email Thanks

WordPad can open *.doc files, but it can't save as a *.doc file.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User