How can I remove "WebSearch"?

Spybot won't touch it, anyone know how to get rid of this junk?

Jim
4 answers Last reply
More about remove websearch

    Jim wrote:
    > Spybot won't touch it, anyone know how to get rid of this junk?
    >
    > Jim

    Mike Pawlak

    ZY Web Search Homepage Hijacker
    Removal Instructions and Help

    http://www.pchell.com/support/zywebsearch.shtml

    "Jim" <wdxp@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Spybot won't touch it, anyone know how to get rid of this junk?
    >
    > Jim

    You may want to test by Safe mode.
    Spy Bot only can delete it in Safe Mode bootup.

    You will find much more info at:
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    =======================================
    Regards,
    Gary 'Doc' Adams
    Louisiana @ 314.479.8201
    LsuEdu @ msn.com
    http://military.accaw.org
    ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
    =======================================

    "Jim" <wdxp@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Spybot won't touch it, anyone know how to get rid of this junk?
    >
    > Jim

    Thanks for all the responses. In an E-Mail I was sent a link to a
    news story, and when that link opened in the blink of an eye it
    installed 5 or 6 programs, including Websearch, and a whole slew of
    tracking cookies, popups, programs in my sytem tray and who knows what
    else. It took about 8 hours to eliminate them. One of the sites you
    sent had a remote system scan that told me just what was installed.
    Anyway, thanks again for your assistance.

    Jim

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 01:26:51 +1000, "Touchbase" <animals@thezoo.com>
    wrote:

    >ZY Web Search Homepage Hijacker
    >Removal Instructions and Help
    >
    >http://www.pchell.com/support/zywebsearch.shtml
    >

    >"Jim" <wdxp@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> Spybot won't touch it, anyone know how to get rid of this junk?
    >>
    >> Jim

Spybot Microsoft Windows XP