How can I remove "WebSearch"?

May 26, 2005 1:32:45 PM

Spybot won't touch it, anyone know how to get rid of this junk?

Jim

More about : remove websearch

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 5:26:51 AM

ZY Web Search Homepage Hijacker
Removal Instructions and Help

http://www.pchell.com/support/zywebsearch.shtml

"Jim" <wdxp@cox.net> wrote in message
> Spybot won't touch it, anyone know how to get rid of this junk?
>
> Jim

May 28, 2005 1:01:18 AM

You may want to test by Safe mode.
Spy Bot only can delete it in Safe Mode bootup.

You will find much more info at:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
=======================================
Regards,
Gary 'Doc' Adams
Louisiana @ 314.479.8201
LsuEdu @ msn.com
http://military.accaw.org
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
=======================================

"Jim" <wdxp@cox.net> wrote in message
> Spybot won't touch it, anyone know how to get rid of this junk?
>
> Jim

May 28, 2005 10:44:24 AM

Thanks for all the responses. In an E-Mail I was sent a link to a
news story, and when that link opened in the blink of an eye it
installed 5 or 6 programs, including Websearch, and a whole slew of
tracking cookies, popups, programs in my sytem tray and who knows what
else. It took about 8 hours to eliminate them. One of the sites you
sent had a remote system scan that told me just what was installed.
Anyway, thanks again for your assistance.

Jim

!