How to disable a dialog box?

May 26, 2005 4:14:04 PM

Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 was installed to my computer by
someone, which isn't the problem. The problem that I have now is that every
time I try to download anything to my computer, that dialog box pops up and
asks for the my user information, User name, Initials, Organization and
Product Key. I hit cancel and my whole download disappears. I never had
this problem before, when I tried to download something. How do I get rid of
the dialog box? The info it asks for was already entered.

Please help

--
vickeyanne

More about : disable dialog box

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:48:35 PM

Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\UserInfo

The right pane should contain 3 values:

Company
UserInitials
UserName

Ensure these values are there. If they are, delete the UserData sub-key, and re-open an Office application. It should prompt you for the information again.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

!