Empire total war crashes

Ive been playing empire total war and it keep crashing to desktop on turn 1754 on my save, i tried rolling back a save it didnt work. I then uninstalled and reinstalled it, it also didnt work. I had the same problem in a past save but it was on turn 1757. I dont know whats wrong with it and its ticking me off that i cant finish a game. Empire is fully patched to the latest update and im running it on vista premium 64bit. Is anyone else getting this problem and is there anyway to fix it?
6 answers Last reply
More about empire total crashes
  1. I had this problem at launch; however, after the first patch this has never happened to me again.

Are your video card drivers up to date?
  2. Yes my graphics card drivers are up to date last i checked, though i did mess up my catalyst control center by installing the new drivers but forgetting to uninstall the old 1s first. I havent really gotten around to try and fix it cause im afraid ill mess up lol but i dont think those affect it since the first time empire did this was before the whole catalyst driver thing. My card is a 4850 1 gig if it matters.
  3. Ok i started a new campaing with britain. It keeps crashing to desktop on turn 1733... It seems to affect at least britain, maratha confederacy and united provinces. I still have no idea what to do.
  4. When I play, it not only crashes from time to time.. In the midst of battle it slows down so a second on the battle field is about 13 i realtime.. so it is actually not playable in battles as this happens about half of the battles, it just kills the fun out of it.. though I have used the patches that comes automatically with steam (yes I bought the game)... It feels terrible spending almost 100 dollars on it (Norwegian price) I just want to return the game now.. :(
  5. Quote:
    When I play, it not only crashes from time to time.. In the midst of battle it slows down so a second on the battle field is about 13 i realtime.. so it is actually not playable in battles as this happens about half of the battles, it just kills the fun out of it.. though I have used the patches that comes automatically with steam (yes I bought the game)... It feels terrible spending almost 100 dollars on it (Norwegian price) I just want to return the game now.. :(

Slowdown isn't the same as a crash.

Total War has hundreds of units on the screen at once, you need a powerful machine to handle this.

You could probably improve your experience by turning down the resolution and detail for the battle.
  6. I scaned it and also ran some virus/Spyware scans and thus the game works smoothly with some lag(i have a bad computer)
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Video Games