Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

C-media driver (code 10)

Tags:
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 11:17:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

hi
my problem is that the sound device doesn't work. in windows media
player error code 10 pops up.
soundcard: c-media ac97
I recently formatted the cpu and I'm using win XP now. I have tried
several drivers and I've tried to find others with the same problem,
but none of them seem to have found a solution.

help! :confused: :confused:


--
wakashimazu

More about : media driver code

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 6:48:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

wakashimazu[/QUOTE Wrote:
>
> Did you try your computer manufacturers web site for the correct and
> most recent sound drivers for your model of computer?
> Did you go to Control Panel, Device Manager, Hardware, and see any
> yellow bangs next to your sound card?
> Post back your success or failure for others.
> Best,
> Treeman


--
Treeman
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 9:58:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I'm having the same problem. (code 10)

The control panel was little help other than to say the device was unable to
start so I used the "roll back" button to roll back to my last AC97 driver
which I got of the Realteck site last month.

I have no idea how to make the new update work.

Any suggestions on how to make the new update work would be appreciated.

Jay
Related resources
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 3:22:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

On Sun, 29 May 2005 17:58:02 -0700, Jay Simpson wrote:

> I'm having the same problem. (code 10)
>
> The control panel was little help other than to say the device was unable to
> start so I used the "roll back" button to roll back to my last AC97 driver
> which I got of the Realteck site last month.
>
> I have no idea how to make the new update work.
>
> Any suggestions on how to make the new update work would be appreciated.

If the old driver works fine and the new driver doesn't work, just stay
with the old driver. Sometimes there is a "miss" with driver updates and
it's better to skip that version and wait for the next update instead.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 12:08:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

"Sharon F" wrote:
> If the old driver works fine and the new driver doesn't work, just stay
> with the old driver. Sometimes there is a "miss" with driver updates and
> it's better to skip that version and wait for the next update instead.


Thanks. I will. I feel like I've done something wrong when an update
fails. Now I don't feel so bad.

Jay
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 8:44:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

On Mon, 30 May 2005 08:08:03 -0700, Jay Simpson wrote:

> Thanks. I will. I feel like I've done something wrong when an update
> fails. Now I don't feel so bad.

You're welcome. Understand the feeling. I think it's a normal reaction when
you're conscientious about keeping your system current. Luckily bad driver
versions (or versions that just don't do well with the software/driver mix
on your system) don't happen too often.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
!