Insufficient Disk Space

I recently keep getting a notification saying that I'm running out of disk
space, I need to free up disk space. But when I check on my drive, I still
have 15GB of free space left. Anyone knows wats going on? I did not enable
the quota mgt tool. Anyway below is the notification, hope someone can help.
thanx =)

warning event notification...
Disk free space has dropped below the minimum threshold. Free up space on
your hard disk drive by:
1. Backing up your data to a tape backup, ZIP or network drive.
2. Delete unused files

If you are unsure which files are safe to move or delete, contact your Help
Desk or consult your software manuals.

Thanx.

Hi Izasco,

This low disk message can be generated by System Restore if a
partition SR is monitoring is low on disk space. Check any other
monitored drives other than C:\

How to Disable a monitored drive.
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/drivedisable.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

izaaco wrote:
> I recently keep getting a notification saying that I'm
> running out of disk space, I need to free up disk space.
> But when I check on my drive, I still have 15GB of free
> space left. Anyone knows wats going on? I did not enable
> the quota mgt tool. Anyway below is the notification,
> hope someone can help. thanx =)
>
> warning event notification...
> Disk free space has dropped below the minimum threshold.
> Free up space on your hard disk drive by:
> 1. Backing up your data to a tape backup, ZIP or network
> drive.
> 2. Delete unused files
>
> If you are unsure which files are safe to move or delete,
> contact your Help Desk or consult your software manuals.
>
> Thanx.

dl

I recollect that certain apps may give this msg when free disk space
approaches 10% of total size

"izaaco" <izaaco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently keep getting a notification saying that I'm running out of disk
> space, I need to free up disk space. But when I check on my drive, I still
> have 15GB of free space left. Anyone knows wats going on? I did not enable
> the quota mgt tool. Anyway below is the notification, hope someone can
help.
> thanx =)
>
> warning event notification...
> Disk free space has dropped below the minimum threshold. Free up space on
> your hard disk drive by:
> 1. Backing up your data to a tape backup, ZIP or network drive.
> 2. Delete unused files
>
> If you are unsure which files are safe to move or delete, contact your
Help
> Desk or consult your software manuals.
>
> Thanx.

But I do not have any special applications in the background. 18GB is
definately more than 10% of my total disk space. The message keeps popping
up, kinda irritating. Anyway DL, thanx so much for the reply. If you do
manage to find out the reason why pls update me k.

"DL" wrote:

> I recollect that certain apps may give this msg when free disk space
> approaches 10% of total size
>
> "izaaco" <izaaco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I recently keep getting a notification saying that I'm running out of disk
> > space, I need to free up disk space. But when I check on my drive, I still
> > have 15GB of free space left. Anyone knows wats going on? I did not enable
> > the quota mgt tool. Anyway below is the notification, hope someone can
> help.
> > thanx =)
> >
> > warning event notification...
> > Disk free space has dropped below the minimum threshold. Free up space on
> > your hard disk drive by:
> > 1. Backing up your data to a tape backup, ZIP or network drive.
> > 2. Delete unused files
> >
> > If you are unsure which files are safe to move or delete, contact your
> Help
> > Desk or consult your software manuals.
> >
> > Thanx.

Hi,

I followed the instructions on the website and unmonitored all other drives
except for C, but I still get the same eror msg. Is there any other possible
reason why this happens?

Rgds,

iz