User Account & NET Passport

When I try to log into my NET account from a user account without admin
rights it won't let me in. Is there a reason why?
--
Barto.
New XP User

What won't let you in, Windows or .NET Passport?

Post any error messages in their entirety, please.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Barto wrote:
> When I try to log into my NET account from a user account without admin
> rights it won't let me in. Is there a reason why?

Windows. I also cannot login to E-Bay, Hotmail etc.
Thanks in advance.
--
Barto.
New XP User

"PA Bear" wrote:

> What won't let you in, Windows or .NET Passport?
>
> Post any error messages in their entirety, please.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Barto wrote:
> > When I try to log into my NET account from a user account without admin
> > rights it won't let me in. Is there a reason why?

OK, what happens when you try to log in?

Does this User Account have permission to, say, access the internet? Can
this user access other pages using IE?

Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one?

Is WinXP SP2 installed?

Is any Norton product installed?
--

Barto wrote:
> Windows. I also cannot login to E-Bay, Hotmail etc.
> Thanks in advance.
>
>> What won't let you in, Windows or .NET Passport?
>>
>> Post any error messages in their entirety, please.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>>
>> Barto wrote:
>>> When I try to log into my NET account from a user account without admin
>>> rights it won't let me in. Is there a reason why?

When you mentioned Norton I went to the account and turned off the firewall
and it let me sign into those sites. But the admin account will let me sign
in with the firewall on. Is there something I should be setting in the other
accounts in Norton?
--
Barto.
New XP User

"PA Bear" wrote:

> OK, what happens when you try to log in?
>
> Does this User Account have permission to, say, access the internet? Can
> this user access other pages using IE?
>
> Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one?
>
> Is WinXP SP2 installed?
>
> Is any Norton product installed?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Barto wrote:
> > Windows. I also cannot login to E-Bay, Hotmail etc.
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> >> What won't let you in, Windows or .NET Passport?
> >>
> >> Post any error messages in their entirety, please.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Yes: disable NAV's Script Blocking, perhaps, or give this User Account same
firewall permissions as Admin account.
--

Barto wrote:
> When you mentioned Norton I went to the account and turned off the
> firewall and it let me sign into those sites. But the admin account will
> let me sign in with the firewall on. Is there something I should be
> setting in the other accounts in Norton?
>
> > OK, what happens when you try to log in?
> >
> > Does this User Account have permission to, say, access the internet?
> > Can this user access other pages using IE?
> >
> > Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one?
> >
> > Is WinXP SP2 installed?
> >
> > Is any Norton product installed?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
> >
> > Barto wrote:
> > > Windows. I also cannot login to E-Bay, Hotmail etc.
> > > Thanks in advance.

Thank you PA Bear
--
Barto.
New XP User

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Yes: disable NAV's Script Blocking, perhaps, or give this User Account same
> firewall permissions as Admin account.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Barto wrote:
> > When you mentioned Norton I went to the account and turned off the
> > firewall and it let me sign into those sites. But the admin account will
> > let me sign in with the firewall on. Is there something I should be
> > setting in the other accounts in Norton?
> >
> > > OK, what happens when you try to log in?
> > >
> > > Does this User Account have permission to, say, access the internet?
> > > Can this user access other pages using IE?
> > >
> > > Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one?
> > >
> > > Is WinXP SP2 installed?
> > >
> > > Is any Norton product installed?
> > > --
> > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)