Windows Explorer and Incorrect volume labels.

May 30, 2005 8:47:12 PM

Hi I have untill recently just noticed that when opening windows explorer, my
CD/DVD drive label appears as the last disk used. Even after installing
another disk the label remains the same but the contents are ok. Using DOS
prompt the label of the disk is displayed correctly not so in Windows
explorer. Even after doing a refresh in explorer the volume label does not
change. If I go to properties of the drive and Click Volumes I can force a
populate for details. These are then correct. In explorer it will not update
the label associated with the drive. (This is also the case for my USB2
Iomega Rev drive I mention this so we understand that it is unlikly to be a
CD DVD driver issue). It will only update the information of the drives when
restarting my machine. I have seen a number of questions for help on this
problem on the web but till now no solutions or work rounds.
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 7:54:43 AM

I have had the same issue. I found that turning off disk caching on the
hard drives solves this problem. also, reloading the drivers for your drive
may help
Oraclefire
!