LeRoy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have microsoft word office 2003 it comes with Microsoft word office
outlook I don't like outlook, can I delete outlook and use outlook express.
outlook stops alot of my important E-mails and went I'm using outlook
express I don't have any problems with my E-mails please help

--
Leroy Patterson

Yes, you can use Outlook Express. Open Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs and set Outlook Express to be your default e-mail program. You can also go to Add/Remove Programs, find the entry for Office 2003 and you can change what's installed (I.E. remove Outlook).

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Leroy" <vze2g6kx@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23HocjjYZFHA.1092@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have microsoft word office 2003 it comes with Microsoft word office
> outlook I don't like outlook, can I delete outlook and use outlook express.
> outlook stops alot of my important E-mails and went I'm using outlook
> express I don't have any problems with my E-mails please help
>
> --
> Leroy Patterson

Hi Leroy,

Outlook doesn't have to be uninstalled to use OE for email. But it can
be by going to Add/remove programs in control panel. Locate Microsoft
Office 2003 and click change, select Add/remove features and click
next. Uncheck Outlook and click on Update and finish the wizard. Now
setup the mail account in Outlook Express.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Leroy wrote:
> I have microsoft word office 2003 it comes with Microsoft
> word office outlook I don't like outlook, can I delete
> outlook and use outlook express. outlook stops alot of my
> important E-mails and went I'm using outlook express I
> don't have any problems with my E-mails please help

LeRoy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thank you very much for your help
"Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
Yes, you can use Outlook Express. Open Control Panel, Internet Options,
Programs and set Outlook Express to be your default e-mail program. You
can also go to Add/Remove Programs, find the entry for Office 2003 and you
can change what's installed (I.E. remove Outlook).

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security