Outlook

I have microsoft word office 2003 it comes with Microsoft word office
outlook I don't like outlook, can I delete outlook and use outlook express.
outlook stops alot of my important E-mails and went I'm using outlook
express I don't have any problems with my E-mails please help

--
Leroy Patterson
3 answers Last reply

    Yes, you can use Outlook Express. Open Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs and set Outlook Express to be your default e-mail program. You can also go to Add/Remove Programs, find the entry for Office 2003 and you can change what's installed (I.E. remove Outlook).

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Leroy" <vze2g6kx@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23HocjjYZFHA.1092@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >I have microsoft word office 2003 it comes with Microsoft word office
    > outlook I don't like outlook, can I delete outlook and use outlook express.
    > outlook stops alot of my important E-mails and went I'm using outlook
    > express I don't have any problems with my E-mails please help
    >
    > --
    > Leroy Patterson

    Hi Leroy,

    Outlook doesn't have to be uninstalled to use OE for email. But it can
    be by going to Add/remove programs in control panel. Locate Microsoft
    Office 2003 and click change, select Add/remove features and click
    next. Uncheck Outlook and click on Update and finish the wizard. Now
    setup the mail account in Outlook Express.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Leroy wrote:
    > I have microsoft word office 2003 it comes with Microsoft
    > word office outlook I don't like outlook, can I delete
    > outlook and use outlook express. outlook stops alot of my
    > important E-mails and went I'm using outlook express I
    > don't have any problems with my E-mails please help

    Thank you very much for your help
    "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
    Yes, you can use Outlook Express. Open Control Panel, Internet Options,
    Programs and set Outlook Express to be your default e-mail program. You
    can also go to Add/Remove Programs, find the entry for Office 2003 and you
    can change what's installed (I.E. remove Outlook).

    --
    Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
    Display\Security
    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Leroy" <vze2g6kx@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >I have microsoft word office 2003 it comes with Microsoft word office
    > outlook I don't like outlook, can I delete outlook and use outlook
    > express.
    > outlook stops alot of my important E-mails and went I'm using outlook
    > express I don't have any problems with my E-mails please help
    >
    > --
    > Leroy Patterson

Outlook Microsoft Word Office Windows XP