Why does Oblivion continue to crash?

Skybreaker

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
I have installed Oblivion twice now and with both times, I have been unable to make it into the sewers after the emperor is assassinated as the game continues to crash. I can play other games such as Left 4 Dead, World of Warcraft, and Age Of conan hyborian adventures, so I don't understand what the problem is. Any help would be deeply appreciated

Skybreaker

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
There are no patches available directly from Bethesda (the makers of the game) as all of the previous patches are automatically added when I install the expansion packs.

Skybreaker

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 4 GB RAM, I don't know how big the hard drive is, and I don't know my vid. card. Nothing is overclocked. I used to have the specs. in a notebook, but the notebook has been lost to me and I have no idea on how to check anything...

So I have to assume this is a laptop ?...... and you're using on board graphics....? The reason I say assume is I don't us these and my knowledge is limited....... and I can't figure out how people think these are good for gaming....... but I have a friend who uses one once in awhile.

Skybreaker

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
Well, when you're in the military, you don't have much of a choice. You either have a laptop or no computer at all.

I'm not picking on you. But we've found out where your problem lies. Most laptops are very limited. Slow Hard drives and not so high end graphics processors, etc. Lower your settings as much as possible and accept what you get.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
download 'oldblivion' . that video card id saimply not enough to run the game, and when it tries to render the open world it is abviously falling to pieces.

oldblivion helps the game run on lower end hardware, so it should help you.

Skybreaker

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
NVM. New Problem - Oldblivion can't seem to get Oblivion to work. The thing crashes as soon as I open it. What now?

TRENDING THREADS