Sound recorder problem

I installed a new sound card because my onboard sound chip was poor. The new
card is Audio Extreme 5.1 (two-speaker setup at present) and works fine with
CDs, MP3s, streaming audio etc.

However I can not get Sound Recorder to detect any sound at all. I have
Audacity but that doesn't detect any sound either. I have checked that
nothing is set on 'mute' and that mixer defaults are OK but still nothing.

Could it be that Sound Recorder / Audacity are still 'looking' at the old
sound chip? If so how can I persuade them to see my new card? The old chip
does not appear in the list on Device manager.

John
2 answers Last reply
More about sound recorder problem

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 11:06:29 GMT, John Rampling wrote:

    > I installed a new sound card because my onboard sound chip was poor. The new
    > card is Audio Extreme 5.1 (two-speaker setup at present) and works fine with
    > CDs, MP3s, streaming audio etc.
    >
    > However I can not get Sound Recorder to detect any sound at all. I have
    > Audacity but that doesn't detect any sound either. I have checked that
    > nothing is set on 'mute' and that mixer defaults are OK but still nothing.
    >
    > Could it be that Sound Recorder / Audacity are still 'looking' at the old
    > sound chip? If so how can I persuade them to see my new card? The old chip
    > does not appear in the list on Device manager.
    >
    > John

    What about speaker setup? In Sound and Audio Devices> Speakers, have you
    selected the 2 speaker profile?
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    > What about speaker setup? In Sound and Audio Devices> Speakers, have you
    > selected the 2 speaker profile?
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User