Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

.net Framework version

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 7:13:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

How do I tell which version of .net framework is installed on my XP Home Sp1
(with all of the appropriate patches)?

If I need to update could you also post a link to the latest version.

Thanks very much for any help you can give me.

Bob

More about : net framework version

May 31, 2005 7:20:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

the latest version i have is 1.1.4322
if yours is older, it may be because this version is included in sp2

the installed version has it's version number as the folder name under
windows\microsoft.net\framework

"Bob Moyer" <bob.moyer@dol.net> wrote in message
news:o XTEaThZFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> How do I tell which version of .net framework is installed on my XP Home
> Sp1
> (with all of the appropriate patches)?
>
> If I need to update could you also post a link to the latest version.
>
> Thanks very much for any help you can give me.
>
> Bob
>
>
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 7:32:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

seth,
Thanks for the quick reply. In that folder
(windows\microsoft.net\framework\....) I have two folders v1.0.3705, and
v1.1.4322. Should I assume that I have the latest update. Sorry to be so
dense about this but I ordered a software upgrade and it requires the latest
version of .netframework.

Thanks again.

Bob


"seth" <seth@work.net> wrote in message
news:o PPmUXhZFHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> the latest version i have is 1.1.4322
> if yours is older, it may be because this version is included in sp2
>
> the installed version has it's version number as the folder name under
> windows\microsoft.net\framework
>
> "Bob Moyer" <bob.moyer@dol.net> wrote in message
> news:o XTEaThZFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > How do I tell which version of .net framework is installed on my XP Home
> > Sp1
> > (with all of the appropriate patches)?
> >
> > If I need to update could you also post a link to the latest version.
> >
> > Thanks very much for any help you can give me.
> >
> > Bob
> >
> >
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 11:51:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

_Bob Moyer_, martedì 31/mag/2005:

> In that folder
> (windows\microsoft.net\framework\....) I have two folders v1.0.3705, and
> v1.1.4322. Should I assume that I have the latest update. Sorry to be so
> dense about this but I ordered a software upgrade and it requires the latest
> version of .netframework.

The most recent update is v2.0.50215
It's a beta, but it was needed by a software I was installing.

Info and download:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...

I was wondering if I have to keep installed all the older versions or
not...?
--
Maria Luisa C - 01/06/2005 9.37.35
Il 12 e 13 giugno lascia stare il mare: vota e fai votare!
June 1, 2005 12:00:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

i also have 2.0.50215 but didn't mention it since it's still in beta
i do believe the current release is in fact 1.1.4322 so you should be ok
with that

"MLC" <marialuisac@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:188e9zys1nb36.dlg@maluc.it...
> _Bob Moyer_, martedì 31/mag/2005:
>
>> In that folder
>> (windows\microsoft.net\framework\....) I have two folders v1.0.3705, and
>> v1.1.4322. Should I assume that I have the latest update. Sorry to be
>> so
>> dense about this but I ordered a software upgrade and it requires the
>> latest
>> version of .netframework.
>
> The most recent update is v2.0.50215
> It's a beta, but it was needed by a software I was installing.
>
> Info and download:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
>
> I was wondering if I have to keep installed all the older versions or
> not...?
> --
> Maria Luisa C - 01/06/2005 9.37.35
> Il 12 e 13 giugno lascia stare il mare: vota e fai votare!
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:19:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

"MLC" <marialuisac@gmail.com> wrote << it was needed by a software I was
installing.>>

I do like to make sure that all my software is up-to-date but don't like
installing just for the sake of it. I've often wondered how do I know
whether or not I require (as opposed to nice to have) .netframework. That
everything seems to work OK isn't a conclusive indication that it is not
needed. Does software that need .netframework warn you that it is required?
How do you know??

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:48:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

_Bill Ridgeway_, mercoledì 01/giu/2005:

> "MLC" <marialuisac@gmail.com> wrote << it was needed by a software I was
> installing.>>
>
> I do like to make sure that all my software is up-to-date but don't like
> installing just for the sake of it. I've often wondered how do I know
> whether or not I require (as opposed to nice to have) .netframework. That
> everything seems to work OK isn't a conclusive indication that it is not
> needed. Does software that need .netframework warn you that it is required?
> How do you know??
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill Ridgeway

Yes, that software I was installing warned me that it needed v2.0.50215.
Usually it's clearly expressed in a software description, and if you try to
run it without the needed framework, an error message warns you.
I think me too that it's better to install something only when required for
running a software you want, or for security reasons.

Ciao,
--
Maria Luisa C - 01/06/2005 14.34.06
Il 12 e 13 giugno lascia stare il mare: vota e fai votare!
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:50:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

_seth_, mercoledì 01/giu/2005:

> i also have 2.0.50215 but didn't mention it since it's still in beta
> i do believe the current release is in fact 1.1.4322 so you should be ok
> with that

Ok, thanks, but what about uninstalling v1.0.3705?
The more recent versions will keep working?

--
Maria Luisa C - 01/06/2005 14.49.27
Il 12 e 13 giugno lascia stare il mare: vota e fai votare!
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 12:17:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Note: If is entirely possible to have all 3 versions installed on your PC -
see below:

v1.0.3705 is known as NET v1.0, used by programs created by the .NET 2002
Programming Languages, VS.NET 2002 or 7.0, VB.NET 2002 or 7.0, VC++.NET 2002
or 7.0, etc.

v.1.1.4322 is known as NET v1.1, used by programs created by the .NET 2003
Programming Languages, VS.NET 2003 or 7.1, VB.NET 2003 or 7.1, etc

v2.0.50215 is known as NET v2.0 (Beta), used by programs created by the .NET
2005 Programming Languages (the next progression after VS.NET 2003 or 7.1),
but they are all BETA, so I wouldn't be loading them on my production
machine, as there is no guarantee they'll work correctly when the RTM
version is released and installed via Windows Update.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Bob Moyer" <bob.moyer@dol.net> wrote in message
news:o XTEaThZFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> How do I tell which version of .net framework is installed on my XP Home
> Sp1
> (with all of the appropriate patches)?
>
> If I need to update could you also post a link to the latest version.
>
> Thanks very much for any help you can give me.
>
> Bob
>
>
!