Problem: LaserJet 1200 prints a stripe on the left edge of..

Hi Guys,

has anybody an idea how to solve that problem without investing a lot of money?

What´s about changing the printer-cartridge?
If it´s the printer-roll ­ does anybody know how much I have to invest for
a new roll?

greetings

Andreas
1 answer Last reply
More about problem laserjet 1200 prints stripe left edge

    On the seventh day, AndreasLerche wrote...

    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > has anybody an idea how to solve that problem without investing a lot of money?
    >
    > What´s about changing the printer-cartridge?
    > If it´s the printer-roll ­ does anybody know how much I have to invest for
    > a new roll?

    If it is exactly the way you described the symptom, chances are it's the
    toner cartridge. Take the cartridge out and move the cover aside. You
    should see a green colored roll. Have a look: If you see a stripe at the
    same location where the stripe appears on the paper, try to remove it with
    a soft cloth. DON'T TOUCH THE ROLL! If you see that the roll is damaged,
    you'll have to replace the cartridge.

    If you don't find anything, the problem may lie in the transfer unit/fuser
    and may very well get pretty expensive.

    HTH

    I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Hewlett Packard Hardware Laserjet Printers Computers