Asus A7N8X - Bass Volume Adjustment

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey there!

I just built a system for a friend with an Asus A7N8X with on-board sound. I also got 2 speakers and a sub-woofer. The sub doesnt have a base volume adjuster on it. And in the audio controls in windows xp pro the bass volume is greyed out. The base is far too loud and definitely needs to be turned down! How can I do this? Is there another utility out there that can do it? I can use an EQ for MP3 playback but games are still way 2 base heavy. Is there 3rd party system EQ that is available? Please help as the system is not acceptable as is, adn I don't want to hand it over to him in this condition! Thanks!

All things must surely have to end...
Functor

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I downloaded the latest ones yesterday and no luck. Still the same problem.

Functor

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
If don't have the A7N8X DELUXE model, I'm not sure you can adjust bass/treble.

I have a NON-DELUXE A7N8X and I use the onboard sound and I never checked bass/treble adjustment because I have these controls on my speakers (I'm at work now, I can't check).

--
Would you buy a GPS enabled soap bar?

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hehe, so pretty much you have nothing to add.

If anyone else has nothing to add, u need not post. :F

Heheh

Functor

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
My point was A7N8X DELUXE versus NON-DELUXE. It's not the same sound chip. The answer might reside there! Cause the NON-DELUXE use a "cheap" stereo sound chip only.

When you talk A7N8X, it's important to mention DELUXE or not and Rev 2.0 or not. This helps sort out the solution to common problems.

Probably, another useless post from me! But I like to talk! :)

--
Would you buy a GPS enabled soap bar?