Help needed Using Remote Desktop Connect

lucky

Hi,

REcently I have installed windows xp professional computer.
I am comcast cable which is connected to cable modem which is connected to
the router. My PC is connected to the router.

I have securemote software installed on my home computer which I first run
and then use REmote Desktop Connect of windows xp professional to connect to
my office computer. However my requirement is that I need to be able to
connect to my home computer from office computer. I am not able to
do this using remote desktop connect from office. This is all what I did.

Control panel => Network connections => local area connection => properties
=>advanced => unchecked the check box
"protect my computer by preventing access...".

Router settings :
Changed the router settings to allow the anonymous requests,disabled
firewall.

From office, I start the remote desktop connect,type in the ip address in
the address box(also tried with port#),
and tried to connect but of no help.

can any one tell me what I need to do, so that I can connect from my office
to the home computer. YOur quick response is highly appreciated.

thanks in advance,Lucky.

What you need to make sure connected inwards to another pc is that is XP Pro,
Home to Pro works, but PRo to Home doesnt.

Anyway

Right click on My Computer then select properties, then select Remote, if
you have pro underneath remote assitance, it will say abotu remote desktop,
enable it that way.

Then go to Start, all programs, accesories, accessibility and click on
remote desktop. Typ in the IP address of the pc or select it from the list.
then click connect :)

TRENDING THREADS