Hi
PC spec:
P4 2.8
1.024MB RAM
Asus P4C800 deluxe mobo
2 x Maxtor 120GB Sata HDD
Bios v 1.008
Problem:
I am trying to install XP onto the Maxtor drives. I have created a array and made a 7GB active partition. When I install XP from cd the installation fails at the point when XP is preparing the install( 34 minutes left just before the window prompting for Country lang and keyboard) I have the latest 378ATA drivers for the promise card which I add at the begining of the XP install(F6)

After saying yes to accepting the WinXP fasttrack drivers that are not XP logo comp. the PC blue screens saying Kernel_data_inpage_error. Sometimges before that happens a message pops up saying cannot load mouse device drivers (primary ide,secondary ide .etc).

can anyone help.

ukdup2

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
The Maxtor 120GB SATA drive comes with the normal (4 pin) power adpater and the new sata power adapter. I am using the 4 pin power cable. Will this stop me from being able to use RAID correctly ? I can create a raid 0 and create a partition. Format it and even copy files to it and use it, in dos. but I cant install windows on to the raid drive. But if I dont use the raid conroller and use the SAta 1 & sata 2 ports on the board my drives work fine as single drives and I install XP no problem! still using the same fastrack driver. I am totally stuck and cant find anything on the manufac sites.

help!!