Unable to set the home page.

Hi,
In the internet explorer even thought I set www.hotmail.com as the home
page, when I close and restart the browser, it does not take the settings.

any idea what is theproblem.
3 answers Last reply
More about unable home page

    Learn how to cross post
    Multi posting which is what you've done is incredibly confusing, to say the
    least, if not downright annoying

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:04:35 -0700, Lucky wrote:

    > Hi,
    > In the internet explorer even thought I set www.hotmail.com as the home
    > page, when I close and restart the browser, it does not take the settings.
    >
    > any idea what is theproblem.

    If you have anti-spyware software installed, open the program and check
    settings. Many of these add a block against changing the home page to avoid
    browser hijackings. Turn the block off. Change your home page. Then, if
    desired, enable block to changing home page again.

    If you have more than one anti-spyware program installed, check settings in
    each program.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    And if you don't have anti spyware/adware program, get one.
    Spybot & Ad-aware are good ones. Go to cnet.com to download.

    "Sharon F" wrote:

    > On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:04:35 -0700, Lucky wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > In the internet explorer even thought I set www.hotmail.com as the home
    > > page, when I close and restart the browser, it does not take the settings.
    > >
    > > any idea what is theproblem.
    >
    > If you have anti-spyware software installed, open the program and check
    > settings. Many of these add a block against changing the home page to avoid
    > browser hijackings. Turn the block off. Change your home page. Then, if
    > desired, enable block to changing home page again.
    >
    > If you have more than one anti-spyware program installed, check settings in
    > each program.
    >
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User