Unable to set the home page.

June 2, 2005 12:04:35 PM

Hi,
In the internet explorer even thought I set www.hotmail.com as the home
page, when I close and restart the browser, it does not take the settings.

any idea what is theproblem.

More about : unable set home page

June 2, 2005 8:35:20 PM

Learn how to cross post
Multi posting which is what you've done is incredibly confusing, to say the
least, if not downright annoying

"Lucky" <jlnarayana@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> In the internet explorer even thought I set www.hotmail.com as the home
> page, when I close and restart the browser, it does not take the settings.
>
> any idea what is theproblem.

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 1:12:44 PM

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:04:35 -0700, Lucky wrote:

> Hi,
> In the internet explorer even thought I set www.hotmail.com as the home
> page, when I close and restart the browser, it does not take the settings.
>
> any idea what is theproblem.

If you have anti-spyware software installed, open the program and check
settings. Many of these add a block against changing the home page to avoid
browser hijackings. Turn the block off. Change your home page. Then, if
desired, enable block to changing home page again.

If you have more than one anti-spyware program installed, check settings in
each program.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

And if you don't have anti spyware/adware program, get one.
Spybot & Ad-aware are good ones. Go to cnet.com to download.

!