Green dots blue dots

June 2, 2005 9:02:08 PM

I've noticed that, on starting up and before the 'welcome' screen, there are
a series of either green dots or blue dots. I have assumed that this was
differentiated the Home edition and the Professional edition. Purely as a
matter of curiosity, is that assumption right and if not why not?

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

More about : green dots blue dots

Anonymous
June 2, 2005 9:19:42 PM

Hi Bill

Yes, you are right. Blue for XP Pro and green for XP Home.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 7nahp$3g3$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> I've noticed that, on starting up and before the 'welcome' screen, there
> are a series of either green dots or blue dots. I have assumed that this
> was differentiated the Home edition and the Professional edition. Purely
> as a matter of curiosity, is that assumption right and if not why not?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill Ridgeway
> Computer Solutions
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 11:14:13 PM

Thanks. Well I'm so glad that little mystery is solved. It's been one of
those unimportant but niggly queries. Next question! Why different
colours? NO don't bother to answer that one!!

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

news:o QKul74ZFHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Bill
>
> Yes, you are right. Blue for XP Pro and green for XP Home.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D 7nahp$3g3$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> I've noticed that, on starting up and before the 'welcome' screen, there
>> are a series of either green dots or blue dots. I have assumed that this
>> was differentiated the Home edition and the Professional edition. Purely
>> as a matter of curiosity, is that assumption right and if not why not?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Bill Ridgeway
>> Computer Solutions

June 3, 2005 2:13:30 AM

But if you have SP2 installed they will both be the same colour with no
difference between home and pro.
Joan

Bill Ridgeway wrote:
> Thanks. Well I'm so glad that little mystery is solved. It's been
> one of those unimportant but niggly queries. Next question! Why
> different colours? NO don't bother to answer that one!!

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 2:49:29 AM

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:02:08 +0100, "Bill Ridgeway"
<info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote:

>I've noticed that, on starting up and before the 'welcome' screen, there are
>a series of either green dots or blue dots. I have assumed that this was
>differentiated the Home edition and the Professional edition. Purely as a
>matter of curiosity, is that assumption right and if not why not?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Bill Ridgeway
>Computer Solutions

Blue? Green?

I thought they were pink and red!
MH
remove -bats- to reply
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 2:49:30 AM

Methinks your monitor needs a color adjustment
peterk

the problem
"Mike Hyndman" <mike@tmphynd-bats-man.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:02:08 +0100, "Bill Ridgeway"
> <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I've noticed that, on starting up and before the 'welcome' screen, there
>>are
>>a series of either green dots or blue dots. I have assumed that this was
>>differentiated the Home edition and the Professional edition. Purely as a
>>matter of curiosity, is that assumption right and if not why not?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Bill Ridgeway
>>Computer Solutions
>>
> Blue? Green?
>
> I thought they were pink and red!
> MH
> remove -bats- to reply
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 12:34:18 PM

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 18:41:52 -0600, "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net>
wrote:

>Methinks your monitor needs a color adjustment
>peterk
Or my eyes ;-)
MH
remove -bats- to reply
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 5:36:43 PM

...and the same goes for Tablet PC etc. installations Joan.

--

!