Green dots blue dots

I've noticed that, on starting up and before the 'welcome' screen, there are
a series of either green dots or blue dots. I have assumed that this was
differentiated the Home edition and the Professional edition. Purely as a
matter of curiosity, is that assumption right and if not why not?

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions
7 answers Last reply
More about green dots blue dots

    Hi Bill

    Yes, you are right. Blue for XP Pro and green for XP Home.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I've noticed that, on starting up and before the 'welcome' screen, there
    > are a series of either green dots or blue dots. I have assumed that this
    > was differentiated the Home edition and the Professional edition. Purely
    > as a matter of curiosity, is that assumption right and if not why not?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Bill Ridgeway
    > Computer Solutions

    Thanks. Well I'm so glad that little mystery is solved. It's been one of
    those unimportant but niggly queries. Next question! Why different
    colours? NO don't bother to answer that one!!

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    > Hi Bill
    >
    > Yes, you are right. Blue for XP Pro and green for XP Home.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> I've noticed that, on starting up and before the 'welcome' screen, there
    >> are a series of either green dots or blue dots. I have assumed that this
    >> was differentiated the Home edition and the Professional edition. Purely
    >> as a matter of curiosity, is that assumption right and if not why not?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Bill Ridgeway
    >> Computer Solutions

    But if you have SP2 installed they will both be the same colour with no
    difference between home and pro.
    Joan

    Bill Ridgeway wrote:
    > Thanks. Well I'm so glad that little mystery is solved. It's been
    > one of those unimportant but niggly queries. Next question! Why
    > different colours? NO don't bother to answer that one!!

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:02:08 +0100, "Bill Ridgeway"
    <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote:

    >I've noticed that, on starting up and before the 'welcome' screen, there are
    >a series of either green dots or blue dots. I have assumed that this was
    >differentiated the Home edition and the Professional edition. Purely as a
    >matter of curiosity, is that assumption right and if not why not?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Bill Ridgeway
    >Computer Solutions

    Blue? Green?

    I thought they were pink and red!
    MH
    remove -bats- to reply

    Methinks your monitor needs a color adjustment
    peterk

    the problem

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 18:41:52 -0600, "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net>
    wrote:

    >Methinks your monitor needs a color adjustment
    >peterk
    Or my eyes ;-)
    MH
    remove -bats- to reply

    ...and the same goes for Tablet PC etc. installations Joan.

    --

    "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > But if you have SP2 installed they will both be the same colour with no
    > difference between home and pro.
    > Joan
    >
    > Bill Ridgeway wrote:
    >> Thanks. Well I'm so glad that little mystery is solved. It's been
    >> one of those unimportant but niggly queries. Next question! Why
    >> different colours? NO don't bother to answer that one!!

Green Microsoft Windows XP