Great, except...

A short time ago, I managed to gamble a set item. Of course, this
didn't happen during one of the times I was spending a million or
two on amulets, but during the one time that I was gambling on
heavy gloves, trying to get an exceptional pair for crafting.
Yay, Sander's. :-/

-

You know how, once in a while, those golden chests drop all rares
instead of magic items? Yesterday, instead of rares or magic items,
one dropped two uniques for me. Unfortunately, this chest was the
one in the Underground Passage level 2, in Normal, so what I got
was a Rixot's Keen (enh) and a Pelta Lunata (OK, that's not so bad).

RelMark

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 00:01:32 -0400, "RelMark" <bsmith77@dreamscape.com>
wrote:

>A short time ago, I managed to gamble a set item. Of course, this
>didn't happen during one of the times I was spending a million or
>two on amulets, but during the one time that I was gambling on
>heavy gloves, trying to get an exceptional pair for crafting.
>Yay, Sander's. :-/
>
>-
>
>You know how, once in a while, those golden chests drop all rares
>instead of magic items? Yesterday, instead of rares or magic items,
>one dropped two uniques for me. Unfortunately, this chest was the
>one in the Underground Passage level 2, in Normal, so what I got
>was a Rixot's Keen (enh) and a Pelta Lunata (OK, that's not so bad).
>
>RelMark

Hey. Don't diss Rixot's. 25% CB that early isn't anything to scoff
at.

Robert Klemic

<rklemic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 00:01:32 -0400, "RelMark" <bsmith77@dreamscape.com>
> wrote:
>
> >A short time ago, I managed to gamble a set item. Of course, this
> >didn't happen during one of the times I was spending a million or
> >two on amulets, but during the one time that I was gambling on
> >heavy gloves, trying to get an exceptional pair for crafting.
> >Yay, Sander's. :-/
> >
> >-
> >
> >You know how, once in a while, those golden chests drop all rares
> >instead of magic items? Yesterday, instead of rares or magic items,
> >one dropped two uniques for me. Unfortunately, this chest was the
> >one in the Underground Passage level 2, in Normal, so what I got
> >was a Rixot's Keen (enh) and a Pelta Lunata (OK, that's not so bad).
> >
> >RelMark
> >
> Hey. Don't diss Rixot's. 25% CB that early isn't anything to scoff
> at.

Heh, my BF Assassin used that thing the whole way through!

short

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "RelMark" <bsmith77@dreamscape.com>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>A short time ago, I managed to gamble a set item. Of course, this
>didn't happen during one of the times I was spending a million or
>two on amulets, but during the one time that I was gambling on
>heavy gloves, trying to get an exceptional pair for crafting.
>Yay, Sander's. :-/

Hey, I gambled a set amulet the other day! It was not-a-tals.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote:

> <rklemic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 00:01:32 -0400, "RelMark"
>> <bsmith77@dreamscape.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >You know how, once in a while, those golden chests drop all rares
>> >instead of magic items? Yesterday, instead of rares or magic items,
>> >one dropped two uniques for me. Unfortunately, this chest was the
>> >one in the Underground Passage level 2, in Normal, so what I got
>> >was a Rixot's Keen (enh) and a Pelta Lunata (OK, that's not so bad).
>>
>> Hey. Don't diss Rixot's. 25% CB that early isn't anything to scoff
>> at.

Can't really argue with that. I guess what annoyed me about it was that
it dropped now, when I have no real use for it. My melee characters are
all past the point where it would be useful, and I have no immediate
plans for new characters.

> Heh, my BF Assassin used that thing the whole way through!

Now that's a thought. My assassin uses mostly traps, but perhaps a CB
weapon on switch and a point or two in BF could help in dealing with
some of the tougher creatures.

RelMark