New LG4500 phone questions

Last response: in Network Providers
July 2, 2004 1:11:03 AM

I just picked up my LG4500 phone and want to know how to edit the Voicemail
number that is saved by default in Speed dial 1......

Any ideas?

Thanks
dave

--
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be
sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun !! "

More about : lg4500 phone questions

Anonymous
July 2, 2004 6:58:10 AM

Menu -> 3 -> 6 ->8 (Edit Voice Mailbox). Note that *86 only works in your
home network - it won't work if you are in an Extended Network. When in
extended network, call your phone number, instead.

I have heard that if you have version 2 of the firmware, you cannot edit the
voice mailbox number stored in speed dial 1.

"My Own Little Universe" <nicetry@aol.com> wrote in message
> I just picked up my LG4500 phone and want to know how to edit the
Voicemail
> number that is saved by default in Speed dial 1......
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Thanks
> dave
>
> --
> A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be
> sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun !! "

July 2, 2004 10:29:33 PM

"C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Menu -> 3 -> 6 ->8 (Edit Voice Mailbox). Note that *86 only works in your
> home network - it won't work if you are in an Extended Network. When in
> extended network, call your phone number, instead.

You can also add your VM PIN like this: 9894561234TT#1234 (note that
the TT is just 2 Ts you enter directly, also I use my phone number which
works everywhere-you could also just append to the *86 )

> I have heard that if you have version 2 of the firmware, you cannot edit
the
> voice mailbox number stored in speed dial 1.
>
> "My Own Little Universe" <nicetry@aol.com> wrote in message
> > I just picked up my LG4500 phone and want to know how to edit the
> Voicemail
> > number that is saved by default in Speed dial 1......
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> > Thanks
> > dave
> >
> > --
> > A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be
> > sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun !! "

July 3, 2004 2:07:58 AM

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 21:11:03 GMT, "My Own Little Universe"
<nicetry@aol.com> wrote:
>I just picked up my LG4500 phone and want to know how to edit the Voicemail
>number that is saved by default in Speed dial 1......

Someone else told you how to edit the number. I'd like to add that with
my VX4500, you can't add pauses, so you can't append your PIN to the *86.

--
Bob Scheurle | "There's nobody getting
njtbob@X-optonline-X.net | rich writing software."

Thanks for the info. I know about the append/edit stuff. I have the number
saved in the 2 position, but really would want to know if I can edit the
number for the 1 position.

!