• Xbox 360
  • Xbox
  • Video Games
  • Product
Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
September 16, 2009 5:55:35 PM

This may be a stupided question, I have the first edition of the xbox360 when it first came out, it ran great but now I finally go the rings. I was going to just send it in to xbox to get fixed but then I started thinking. All I use it for is gaming, no storage, music or anything like that. Does the xbox console effect the speed of gaming online or is it just the internet connestion? I don't know, give me some insight on what you may do?

More about : xbox question

October 1, 2009 7:45:52 AM

What rings exactly is it getting. RROD how can gaming on it be possible? Please elaborate if ou want helpful advice.
m
l
October 1, 2009 8:28:05 AM

Gaming is not affected online at all by the console you’re using nor is the speed (frames per second) of your games when playing in single player. Consoles are designed to run games at exactly the same speed throughout all revisions of the console model.

Getting it replaced will just be as good as getting a brand new one if that’s what your asking.
m
l
October 20, 2009 5:37:34 AM

Quote:
This may be a stupided question, I have the first edition of the xbox360 when it first came out, it ran great but now I finally go the rings. I was going to just send it in to xbox to get fixed but then I started thinking. All I use it for is gaming, no storage, music or anything like that. Does the xbox console effect the speed of gaming online or is it just the internet connestion? I don't know, give me some insight on what you may do?

Well regardless of the number of rings, unless its 4 which is just a loose cable I believe, you have to send it into Micro$oft to get it fixed. Since you have a 1st generation 360, depending on how frequently you play your 360, I would honestly recommend going out and buying a new one. I know it's not a very cost efficient solution, but if you're going to play it frequently, you need a updated one.

Just a word of warning, Micro$oft has announced that they will be discontinuing the Xbox 360 Pro package, so you will be left with the Arcade and Elite versions. I personally have an Elite and I haven't really encountered any problems yet, surprisingly, but due to the vast amount of content due out soon, I'd recommend the Elite because of the $100 price drop and the $50 rebate Netflix is offering as well.

So to actually answer your question, the major thing that dictates your online gaming is your router and wireless adapter. If your online gaming is slow, here are 2 routers I recommend:

Expensive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Cheap:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Hope all of that helps!
m
l
!