Saving Images Problem

Previously, whenever I right click save as, the pop up screen will show this
save where and as what format screen right? Usually, the system will
auto-detect the save content format is gif, jpeg or whatever. But now, it has
only bitmap to save type as. May I know how can I revert back to the previous
save type as whereby the pc will auto detect and not just only bitmap?
Thanks...I tried saving as image.gif but the gif does not move at all.

"Soloking" <Soloking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Previously, whenever I right click save as, the pop up screen will show
> this
> save where and as what format screen right? Usually, the system will
> auto-detect the save content format is gif, jpeg or whatever. But now, it
> has
> only bitmap to save type as. May I know how can I revert back to the
> previous
> save type as whereby the pc will auto detect and not just only bitmap?
> Thanks...I tried saving as image.gif but the gif does not move at all.

Assuming you are using MS IE, go to Start\Control Panel\Internet Options and
click "Delete Files". This will clear your IE Cache. Then try saving again.

Cajunswabbie

It's time to perform some routine computer maintenance:

Go to Start > Run and type: CLEANMGR.EXE , and hit enter.
This will start your disk cleanup utility. Make sure to cleanup
your Temporary Internet Files.

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978&Product=ie600

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260650&Product=ie600

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Soloking" wrote:

| Previously, whenever I right click save as, the pop up screen will show this
| save where and as what format screen right? Usually, the system will
| auto-detect the save content format is gif, jpeg or whatever. But now, it has
| only bitmap to save type as. May I know how can I revert back to the previous
| save type as whereby the pc will auto detect and not just only bitmap?
| Thanks...I tried saving as image.gif but the gif does not move at all.

Here are two procedures that may fix this problem.

To empty your Temporary Internet Files cache
1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the General tab, click Delete Files.

To turn off graphic compression in the AOL client
1. Go to Preferences in AOL.
2. Click Internet properties (or WWW in some versions).
3. Click Web Graphics.
4. Clear Never compress graphics (or Use compressed graphics in some versions).

If that doesn't help:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_jk.htm
JPG's - Only Saves as a Bitmap

Additional information:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978
Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;250747
Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save Image with Correct
Extension

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;260650
Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format

"Soloking" <Soloking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Previously, whenever I right click save as, the pop up screen will show this
> save where and as what format screen right? Usually, the system will
> auto-detect the save content format is gif, jpeg or whatever. But now, it has
> only bitmap to save type as. May I know how can I revert back to the previous
> save type as whereby the pc will auto detect and not just only bitmap?
> Thanks...I tried saving as image.gif but the gif does not move at all.

TRENDING THREADS