Remembering Login Information

When logging into certain sites, I'm asked if I'd like the computer to be
remembered...that is, would I like to not have to go through the whole login
procedure. I used to be able to do that with Windows 98 but since I'm at
Windows v. 6, I can't figure out how. I've tried tools > Internet Options >
Privacy > Sites > and then the URL followed by 'allow'. I think that'd be
the way to allow a cookie for a specific site on my computer set up for
'Medium' security.

How can I allow passwords to be retained on my system?

Mike

Internet Explorer | Tools | Internet Options
Select the Contents tab
In the "Personal information" section, click the "AutoComplete..." button.
Put a check in the box for "Prompt me to save passwords"

For each new site, you will be asked if you want to save the password.