Grouchy Tiger, Hidden Drag Queen - start time and play out..

Last response: in Video Games
July 1, 2005 10:43:49 PM

USWest, Ladder, SC. Sorry, HC fanatics, my connection is just far too
unpredictable to be planning an HC team at this stage.

The following may seem verbose, but the team concept is pretty
straightforward.

Okay, the suggested session time is Saturday at 1 PM pacific, 4 PM eastern, 10
PM in central europe, first session starting Saturday, 9th July. Sessions
will run for 2-3 hours each.

Those in strong disagreement with the suggested session time should respond
within the next week, or else the suggested session time will become the
actual session time.

It is estimated that the team will take 3-4 months to complete all three
difficulties.

Build restrictions:

No Lightning Sentry or Death Sentry (investment in the other lightning traps,
namely Shock Web or Charged Bolt Sentry, is permitted). Apart from that,
it's all good, so start planning those whirlwinders, zealots, avengers,
phoenix strikers, fire trappers, venomous bowyers, tiger striking polearm
maniacs, nood kickers, and wirtassins.

Use any mercenary you want (or none at all).

Gear restrictions:

No twink through normal and nightmare difficulty.

Players will be allowed to "shop" (cycle the town vendors for purchaseable
item upgrades) between sessions for up to 2 hours between one session and the
next (this should give players some opportunity to acquire some passable gear
in the event that the drop gods aren't smiling), but they will not be
permitted to engage in magic finding (boss) runs. Shopping will be done with
cash acquired during team sessions (no twinking in millions of gold from other
characters, please).

Note 2 - gambling between sessions is also permitted, and is in fact
preferable to taking little breaks during team games to hit on Gheed etc.

Before starting hell difficulty, players will then be allowed to bring in up
to THREE items off their mules or other characters.

Players that don't usually play on USWest - we will attempt to provide you
with suitable twink items on request. However, if you opt to shop for two
hours before each session, you should be well on your way to

Play style:

"Scorched Earth" style - full area clears (including sub-levels such as the
Pit), with all chests, well hung skeletons, and evil urns popped for fun (and
hopefully) profit.

There will be no bringing of other characters such as barbarians or Enchant
sorceresses into team games to "buff" the team.

There will be no Baal/minion runs - once we get to the end of one difficulty,
we're straight into the next. But given the fact that we're playing scorched
earth in (hopefully) high player count games, we should be well "leveled" as a
matter of course.

Missed sessions:

If we don't have at least three players available to play for any given
session, we will postpone play until the next Saturday.

Players that miss a played session will be permitted to catch up their
character (in terms of quest/waypoint progress) during the week, THROUGH
WHATEVER MEANS THEY SEE FIT (this means that you can enchant rush or whatever
you want to CATCH UP).

Note to self: remember that the games start at 8 AM Sunday in New Zealand.
Make sure you WAKE UP!

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
[snip]
> The following may seem verbose, but the team concept is pretty
> straightforward.
>
> Okay, the suggested session time is Saturday at 1 PM pacific, 4 PM
eastern, 10
> PM in central europe, first session starting Saturday, 9th July.
Sessions
> will run for 2-3 hours each.

Thats 9pm GMT (London/UK)

> No Lightning Sentry or Death Sentry (investment in the other lightning
traps,
> namely Shock Web or Charged Bolt Sentry, is permitted). Apart from that,
> it's all good, so start planning those whirlwinders, zealots, avengers,
> phoenix strikers, fire trappers, venomous bowyers, tiger striking polearm
> maniacs, nood kickers, and wirtassins.

Hmmm.... I never played an asn so might ask some stupid questions when
building :¬/
....be warned guys ;¬)

[snip]
> Players that don't usually play on USWest - we will attempt to provide you
> with suitable twink items on request. However, if you opt to shop for two
> hours before each session, you should be well on your way to

I'll try getting my own from shop but may have to borrow one or two low
items if thats Ok?

Also: My girlfriend likes the idea of comming along but she is EuropeSC
too.. that Ok?

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)

I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
something like...

>USWest, Ladder, SC. Sorry, HC fanatics, my connection is just far too
>unpredictable to be planning an HC team at this stage.
>
>The following may seem verbose, but the team concept is pretty
>straightforward.
>
>Okay, the suggested session time is Saturday at 1 PM pacific, 4 PM eastern, 10
>PM in central europe, first session starting Saturday, 9th July. Sessions
>will run for 2-3 hours each.

>Note to self: remember that the games start at 8 AM Sunday in New Zealand.
>Make sure you WAKE UP!

Hmm, 6am Sunday. I think I could actually be in for that.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
July 1, 2005 10:43:50 PM

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> skrev i en meddelelse

> [...]
difficulty,
> we're straight into the next. But given the fact that we're playing
scorched
> earth in (hopefully) high player count games, we should be well "leveled"
as a
> matter of course.
>
> Missed sessions:
>
> If we don't have at least three players available to play for any given
> session, we will postpone play until the next Saturday.
>
> Players that miss a played session will be permitted to catch up their
> character (in terms of quest/waypoint progress) during the week, THROUGH
> WHATEVER MEANS THEY SEE FIT (this means that you can enchant rush or
whatever
> you want to CATCH UP).

> Note to self: remember that the games start at 8 AM Sunday in New Zealand.

Sounds like fun, I will try to be there.

Like Trammel I have never tried an Asn, so dumb questions will be comming in
stereo :)

Regards

Thomas
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 10:43:50 PM

Stephen van Ham held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
s6o9c1hj0c391b9oib8o6c9dtgb9m8f191@4ax.com to this Interweb chatroom:

> USWest, Ladder, SC. Sorry, HC fanatics, my connection is just far
> too unpredictable to be planning an HC team at this stage.

Good.

> Okay, the suggested session time is Saturday at 1 PM pacific, 4 PM
> eastern, 10 PM in central europe, first session starting Saturday,
> 9th July. Sessions will run for 2-3 hours each.

Minor issue: I don't get off work that early. Pushing back an hour will give
me a chance of getting there. 1.5 hours will allow me to eat before playing.

> It is estimated that the team will take 3-4 months to complete all
> three difficulties.
>

> No Lightning Sentry or Death Sentry (investment in the other
> lightning traps, namely Shock Web or Charged Bolt Sentry, is
> permitted). Apart from that, it's all good, so start planning those
> whirlwinders, zealots, avengers, phoenix strikers, fire trappers,
> venomous bowyers, tiger striking polearm maniacs, nood kickers, and
> wirtassins.

Venomous bowyers, yay! With Fire Traps! Yay!

> Gear restrictions:
>
> No twink through normal and nightmare difficulty.

Would we prefer one twink per session from the beginning?

> Before starting hell difficulty, players will then be allowed to
> bring in up to THREE items off their mules or other characters.

Unless we get lucky, that might make my build unplayable.

> Play style:
>
> "Scorched Earth" style - full area clears (including sub-levels such
> as the Pit), with all chests, well hung skeletons, and evil urns
> popped for fun (and hopefully) profit.

Yay!

Sounds good. I might reconsider my build plan if we're only twinking 3
items, cos Poison facets are a must for my idea. And Nat's armor. And
Trang's gloves.

--
Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote, should go
here.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 10:43:50 PM

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> USWest, Ladder, SC. Sorry, HC fanatics, my connection is just far too
> unpredictable to be planning an HC team at this stage.

SC is best for team play anyway, in my experience.

> The following may seem verbose, but the team concept is pretty
> straightforward.
>
> Okay, the suggested session time is Saturday at 1 PM pacific, 4 PM
> eastern, 10
> PM in central europe, first session starting Saturday, 9th July.
> Sessions
> will run for 2-3 hours each.

This works for me. A couple of hours later would work even better, but I
should be able to make this work.

> Those in strong disagreement with the suggested session time should
> respond
> within the next week, or else the suggested session time will become the
> actual session time.
>
> It is estimated that the team will take 3-4 months to complete all three
> difficulties.
>
> Build restrictions:
>
> No Lightning Sentry or Death Sentry (investment in the other lightning
> traps,
> namely Shock Web or Charged Bolt Sentry, is permitted). Apart from that,
> it's all good, so start planning those whirlwinders, zealots, avengers,
> phoenix strikers, fire trappers, venomous bowyers, tiger striking polearm
> maniacs, nood kickers, and wirtassins.

I've never been able to make a MA 'sin work, my fingers just don't work
quick enough. For that reason, I'm considering making a Fire and Ice MA
'sin (Blades of Ice/Dragon Talon Kicker), using a claw/shield, since I'll
have the team to fall back on while I'm fumbling around with skill
switching. I'll do a little thinking on that, may wimp out and go for a BF
'sin, letting me just cruise along and enjoy the ride. :-)

> Use any mercenary you want (or none at all).

Good

> Gear restrictions:
>
> No twink through normal and nightmare difficulty.

GREAT!

> Players will be allowed to "shop" (cycle the town vendors for purchaseable
> item upgrades) between sessions for up to 2 hours between one session and
> the
> next (this should give players some opportunity to acquire some passable
> gear
> in the event that the drop gods aren't smiling), but they will not be
> permitted to engage in magic finding (boss) runs. Shopping will be done
> with
> cash acquired during team sessions (no twinking in millions of gold from
> other
> characters, please).
>
> Note 2 - gambling between sessions is also permitted, and is in fact
> preferable to taking little breaks during team games to hit on Gheed etc.
>
> Before starting hell difficulty, players will then be allowed to bring in
> up
> to THREE items off their mules or other characters.

Perfect, but I'll likely need to borrow items when we get that far.

> Players that don't usually play on USWest - we will attempt to provide you
> with suitable twink items on request. However, if you opt to shop for two
> hours before each session, you should be well on your way to
>
> Play style:
>
> "Scorched Earth" style - full area clears (including sub-levels such as
> the
> Pit), with all chests, well hung skeletons, and evil urns popped for fun
> (and
> hopefully) profit.
>
> There will be no bringing of other characters such as barbarians or
> Enchant
> sorceresses into team games to "buff" the team.
>
> There will be no Baal/minion runs - once we get to the end of one
> difficulty,
> we're straight into the next. But given the fact that we're playing
> scorched
> earth in (hopefully) high player count games, we should be well "leveled"
> as a
> matter of course.
>
> Missed sessions:
>
> If we don't have at least three players available to play for any given
> session, we will postpone play until the next Saturday.
>
> Players that miss a played session will be permitted to catch up their
> character (in terms of quest/waypoint progress) during the week, THROUGH
> WHATEVER MEANS THEY SEE FIT (this means that you can enchant rush or
> whatever
> you want to CATCH UP).

Perfect. I'll follow up with a post about my account and character name.

Ruben
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 10:43:50 PM

> Okay, the suggested session time is Saturday at 1 PM pacific, 4 PM
eastern, 10
> PM in central europe, first session starting Saturday, 9th July.
Sessions
> will run for 2-3 hours each.
>
> Those in strong disagreement with the suggested session time should
respond
> within the next week.

That's a good time, it dosn't interfer with the Team Necro that starts at
8:30 PM EDST

> It is estimated that the team will take 3-4 months to complete all three
> difficulties.
>
> Build restrictions:
>
> No Lightning Sentry or Death Sentry (investment in the other lightning
traps,
> namely Shock Web or Charged Bolt Sentry, is permitted). Apart from that,
> it's all good, so start planning those whirlwinders, zealots, avengers,
> phoenix strikers, fire trappers, venomous bowyers, tiger striking polearm
> maniacs, nood kickers, and wirtassins.
>
> Use any mercenary you want (or none at all).
>
> Gear restrictions:
>
> No twink through normal and nightmare difficulty.
>
> Players will be allowed to "shop" (cycle the town vendors for purchaseable
> item upgrades) between sessions for up to 2 hours between one session and
the
> next (this should give players some opportunity to acquire some passable
gear
> in the event that the drop gods aren't smiling), but they will not be
> permitted to engage in magic finding (boss) runs. Shopping will be done
with
> cash acquired during team sessions (no twinking in millions of gold from
other
> characters, please).
>
> Note 2 - gambling between sessions is also permitted, and is in fact
> preferable to taking little breaks during team games to hit on Gheed etc.
>
> Before starting hell difficulty, players will then be allowed to bring in
up
> to THREE items off their mules or other characters.

I should have something, so I won't need to beg for anything, like I ask
anyway. :)

> Play style:
>
> "Scorched Earth" style - full area clears (including sub-levels such as
the
> Pit), with all chests, well hung skeletons, and evil urns popped for fun
(and
> hopefully) profit.

The way I always play solo.

Sounds like fun. I'll try and be there, if there is room. I haven't played
an Asn.
since D2 came out, and only played that in normal. So don't be afraid to
give
suggestions, esp. for team play, and please don't mind my few really dumb
questions.

I do hope this turns out better than the Team Necro, just 2, sometimes 3 of
us playing
now.

wizofwas
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 10:43:50 PM

HI there

> Okay, the suggested session time is Saturday at 1 PM pacific, 4 PM eastern, 10
> PM in central europe, first session starting Saturday, 9th July. Sessions
> will run for 2-3 hours each.
>
> Those in strong disagreement with the suggested session time should respond
> within the next week, or else the suggested session time will become the
> actual session time.

with this playing time i wont be awailable for the first 3 weeks :(
so i guess i have to sit out this team...

HAnsi
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 10:43:51 PM

"Chris Lansdell" <lansdellicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Stephen van Ham held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
> s6o9c1hj0c391b9oib8o6c9dtgb9m8f191@4ax.com to this Interweb chatroom:
>
> > USWest, Ladder, SC. Sorry, HC fanatics, my connection is just far
> > too unpredictable to be planning an HC team at this stage.
> >
> Good.
>

> > Okay, the suggested session time is Saturday at 1 PM pacific, 4 PM
> > eastern, 10 PM in central europe, first session starting Saturday,
> > 9th July. Sessions will run for 2-3 hours each.
> >
> Minor issue: I don't get off work that early. Pushing back an hour will
give
> me a chance of getting there. 1.5 hours will allow me to eat before
playing.

Hey, that's what MB is for. Eat while you play :)

> > It is estimated that the team will take 3-4 months to complete all
> > three difficulties.
> >

> > No Lightning Sentry or Death Sentry (investment in the other
> > lightning traps, namely Shock Web or Charged Bolt Sentry, is
> > permitted). Apart from that, it's all good, so start planning those
> > whirlwinders, zealots, avengers, phoenix strikers, fire trappers,
> > venomous bowyers, tiger striking polearm maniacs, nood kickers, and
> > wirtassins.
> >
> Venomous bowyers, yay! With Fire Traps! Yay!
>

> > Gear restrictions:
> >
> > No twink through normal and nightmare difficulty.
> >
> Would we prefer one twink per session from the beginning?
>

> > Before starting hell difficulty, players will then be allowed to
> > bring in up to THREE items off their mules or other characters.
> >
> Unless we get lucky, that might make my build unplayable.
>

> > Play style:
> >
> > "Scorched Earth" style - full area clears (including sub-levels such
> > as the Pit), with all chests, well hung skeletons, and evil urns
> > popped for fun (and hopefully) profit.
> >
> Yay!
>
> Sounds good. I might reconsider my build plan if we're only twinking 3
> items, cos Poison facets are a must for my idea. And Nat's armor. And
> Trang's gloves.

Well, you might be able to talk SVH isn't considering all jewels of the same
type one item.........

short - then the gloves and armor make 3!

July 1, 2005 10:43:51 PM

just as a side note, I wonder what my Asn's name will be.
anybody want to guess?

wizofwas
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:45:54 AM

"wizofwas" <wizofwas@nospamknology.net> wrote in message

> > Okay, the suggested session time is Saturday at 1 PM pacific, 4 PM
> eastern, 10
> > PM in central europe, first session starting Saturday, 9th July.
> Sessions
> > will run for 2-3 hours each.
> >
> > Those in strong disagreement with the suggested session time should
> respond
> > within the next week.
>
> That's a good time, it dosn't interfer with the Team Necro that starts at
> 8:30 PM EDST
[SNIPPAGE!!!!!]

There's a team necro?!
....Why did nobody tell ME about this?!!?!?!!

My fav. class and I dont get to kick ass ;¬(
*sobs to himself*

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:45:55 AM

> > That's a good time, it dosn't interfer with the Team Necro that starts
at
> > 8:30 PM EDST
> [SNIPPAGE!!!!!]
>
> There's a team necro?!
> ...Why did nobody tell ME about this?!!?!?!!
>
> My fav. class and I dont get to kick ass ;¬(
> *sobs to himself*

Sorry about that, it was announced in here quite a while ago.
Come and join us, we play wed and sat nite with an 8:30 PM EDST
start time. we're just starting act 2 hell

wizofwas
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:15:46 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>USWest, Ladder, SC. Sorry, HC fanatics, my connection is just far too
>unpredictable to be planning an HC team at this stage.
>
>The following may seem verbose, but the team concept is pretty
>straightforward.
>
>Okay, the suggested session time is Saturday at 1 PM pacific, 4 PM eastern, 10
>PM in central europe, first session starting Saturday, 9th July. Sessions
>will run for 2-3 hours each.

As a follow up, based on responses, are there any objections to moving the
start time forward one hour to:

2 PM pacific, 5 PM eastern, 10 PM London, 11 PM central europe? (7/9 AM for
use down under types)

And Hansi - we'd love to have you on the team, even if you miss the first
three sessions. Those first three games should be the easiest to catch up,
though, since we're unlikely to advance much past act 3 normal in those games.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:15:47 PM

> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham
<svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
> supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

[snip]
> >Okay, the suggested session time is Saturday at 1 PM pacific, 4 PM
eastern, 10
> >PM in central europe, first session starting Saturday, 9th July.
Sessions
> >will run for 2-3 hours each.
>
> As a follow up, based on responses, are there any objections to moving the
> start time forward one hour to:
>
> 2 PM pacific, 5 PM eastern, 10 PM London, 11 PM central europe? (7/9 AM
for
> use down under types)

[snip]

No objections from me.
Im gonna have to grab a skill calc and create my build if this is going
ahead :¬)

--

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
> supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>

>>USWest, Ladder, SC. Sorry, HC fanatics, my connection is just far too
>>unpredictable to be planning an HC team at this stage.
>>
>>The following may seem verbose, but the team concept is pretty
>>straightforward.
>>
>>Okay, the suggested session time is Saturday at 1 PM pacific, 4 PM eastern, 10
>>PM in central europe, first session starting Saturday, 9th July. Sessions
>>will run for 2-3 hours each.
>

> As a follow up, based on responses, are there any objections to moving the
> start time forward one hour to:
>
> 2 PM pacific, 5 PM eastern, 10 PM London, 11 PM central europe? (7/9 AM for
> use down under types)
>
> And Hansi - we'd love to have you on the team, even if you miss the first
> three sessions. Those first three games should be the easiest to catch up,
> though, since we're unlikely to advance much past act 3 normal in those games.

ok for me, maybe i can convince my girlfriend to let ma play one of
those session anyway...

What 'Sins are you going for?
i was thinking about pure blade skills sin, but i am not sure if that is
viable...

HAnsi
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:32:07 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Well, you might be able to talk SVH isn't considering all jewels of the same
>type one item.........

Nat's armour socketed with poison facets is indeed one item.

Incidently, I will set up a shared mule account on which people can put any
spare items they obtain during the course of team games. I will announce
details of this at the beginning of the first session.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:45:11 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "wizofwas"
<wizofwas@nospamknology.net>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and
said:

>I do hope this turns out better than the Team Necro, just 2, sometimes 3 of
>us playing now.

Where is that up to now? If you don't mind me bringing a twinked level 70ish
non-summons bone necromancer along, I'll be happy to rejoin the team.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:45:12 PM

> >I do hope this turns out better than the Team Necro, just 2, sometimes 3
of
> >us playing now.
>
> Where is that up to now? If you don't mind me bringing a twinked level
70ish
> non-summons bone necromancer along, I'll be happy to rejoin the team.

Act 2 hell now

wizofwas
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:50:53 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Perfect. I'll follow up with a post about my account and character name.

I'll be on *svh8, with AllyMcZeal making her long awaited return to the realms
(although admittedly she was a level 92 speedazon in a past life). Zeal
assassin, most likely shadow tree only (although I might put a point in Blade
Fury to help me along until I get to twink in a "Passion" phase blade).

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 3:04:55 PM

btw.
> And Hansi - we'd love to have you on the team, even if you miss the first
> three sessions. Those first three games should be the easiest to catch up,
> though, since we're unlikely to advance much past act 3 normal in those games.

in which channel do you guys meet?
public chat agd2-uswest as its written in the faq?
I made an account on west, its *hansiworrior

HAnsi
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 1:43:17 AM

wizofwas <wizofwas@nospamknology.net> wrote in message

> I do hope this turns out better than the Team Necro, just 2, sometimes 3
of
> us playing
> now.
>
> wizofwas

Sorry for Team Necro, Idlemancer couldn't make too many sessions in the past
few weeks. He will try his best in the following weeks. Especially he is
eager to finish hell difficulty.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 9:33:53 PM

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
[Snip]
>>Okay, the suggested session time is Saturday at 1 PM pacific, 4 PM
>>eastern, 10
>>PM in central europe, first session starting Saturday, 9th July.
>>Sessions
>>will run for 2-3 hours each.
>
> As a follow up, based on responses, are there any objections to moving the
> start time forward one hour to:
>
> 2 PM pacific, 5 PM eastern, 10 PM London, 11 PM central europe? (7/9 AM
> for
> use down under types)

Works for me.

What channel do we meet in prior to game time?

I will create an assassin on account *Spook-A

I'm planning on a Dragon Talon, Tiger Strike nearly pure physical damage
girl, with blade fury for dealing with IM, and maxed Venom, just because I
can [Grin]. If she gets to a high enough level (85+), I'll eventually max
out Phoenix Strike.

Since she's going to be strictly a team player, I'll only put a single point
in Shadow Warrior, for playing catch up, if necessary, and nothing in Mind
Blast or Shadow Master, relying on others to do the crowd control while I
close in for the slaughter (mine? LOL)

This will be a very challenging character for me to play, due to my
arthritis (and my old, fat, slow, fingers), but since I'd never play
anything like this in hardcore, I want a chance to do something different.

BTW, my wife Cinnaverre (Vixen) will join us too, if there is room. She
tends to build without much thought, so who knows what she'll wind up with.
:-)

Ruben
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 9:43:18 PM

"Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> I will create an assassin on account *Spook-A

Character name = Spook-GTHDQ

Ruben
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 11:34:17 PM

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote in message
> Ruben-P wrote:
>> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Before starting hell difficulty, players will then be allowed to
>>> bring in up
>>> to THREE items off their mules or other characters.
>>
>> Perfect, but I'll likely need to borrow items when we get that far.
>
> If you do Ruben send me an email. I have oodles of SC stuff that I'm not
> using, a lot of elite uniques etc. You've helped me considerably in HC,
> I'd
> welcome the chance to return the favour. In fact I insist. :-). I've just
> finished refreshing all my quintillions of mules. <g>.
>
> If there's anything you have in mind and want to build towards let me know
> and I'll see if I have it. I find that, if you build with certain end-game
> items in mind you can build better
> --
> ~misfit~

Thanks for the kind offer. "IF" (I / WE) get that far, it'll likely be
eight to twelve weeks before we enter Hell, at which time we can twink in
the items. I have no idea what I might need by then, but likely candidates
are elite boots of some sort (my primary skill will be as a kicker), high
damage claw (for Blade Fury against IM), or resist gear of some sort, maybe
a shield as she'll likely be a claw/shield build. With an all assassin
team, it's going to be tough to find enough good claws for everyone to use
dual claws, so I'm not planning on putting points into weapon block, maybe
except for the prerequisite for Shadow Warrior/Master.

Anyway, keep me in mind for two to three months down the road. :-)

Ruben
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 4:55:15 PM

> Ruben-P wrote:
>> "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>>> I will create an assassin on account *Spook-A
>>
>> Character name = Spook-GTHDQ
>
> GTHDQ? Going To Hate Dying Quickly? ;-)
>
> I hope that's not the case.
> --
> ~misfit~

LOL

No, team "Grouchy Tiger, Hidden Drag Queen" (GTHDQ) :-)

Despite this being softcore, I pretty much play like hardcore anyway. I
hate dying, although this IS a build that I'd not try in hardcore. She's
probably do well through nightmare, and get killed by the first quill rat in
hell :-)

Ruben
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 6:18:51 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Sure, just ping me here or email me. I have at least a couple each (I think)
>of Bartuc's, Jade Talon, Shadow Killer. I also have most shields and maybe a
>pair of gore riders that I could upgrade to Myrmidon Greaves for you. (I
>think I have the runes). I have most stuff in SC, excepting the extremely
>uber gear like Tyreal's Might.

Dalai seems to have developed a knack for finding Gore Riders in recent times,
so we should be well set on the kick damage side of things.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 6:20:46 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>What channel do we meet in prior to game time?

Public Chat AGD.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 9:50:12 PM

> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P"
> <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,
> supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>
>>What channel do we meet in prior to game time?
>
> Public Chat AGD.

Thanks, now if I can figure out how to join a chat channel, I'm set. I've
"never" been in a chat channel in 1.10 (that I can recall), and pretty
seldom prior to that. What me, antisocial? :-)

Ruben
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 12:39:57 AM

"Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o Xdze.18805$eM6.14735@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> > Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P"
> > <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,
> > supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
> >
> >>What channel do we meet in prior to game time?
> >
> > Public Chat AGD.
>
> Thanks, now if I can figure out how to join a chat channel, I'm set. I've
> "never" been in a chat channel in 1.10 (that I can recall), and pretty
> seldom prior to that. What me, antisocial? :-)

1) Enter chat normally (By clicking the button on bottom-left between
games)

2) Type: /join public chat agd

3) Hit the <Enter> key

--