email reply listing the latest pages

Using XP Proff on a HP PC, 512 RAM, Is it possible to create a message rule
in BellSouth Pop3 Outlook Express for an automatic reply? If there was an
email link on my websites where folks could click and they would receive an
automatic email reply listing the latest pages / photos , etc.?

You have a sample or what?
=======================================
"Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."

Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams in New Orleans

http://military.accaw.org
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
=======================================
7 answers Last reply
More about email reply listing latest pages

    Hi Doc,

    Open notepad, create a response, then save it as a *.eml file (use
    file/"save as").

    Open Outlook Express, click Tools/Message Rules/Mail

    On the Mail Rule tab, click new, create as follows:

    "Where the mail is from a specified account"
    "Reply with message"
    "Stop processing more rules"

    You need to then click the link to choose the specified account from your
    currently installed POP3 mail accounts. Next, click the response and link it
    to the previously created .eml file.

    The last rule is to stop the email from being further manipulated. You could
    also add a step to sort these emails to a different folder other than the
    inbox after replying.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    > Using XP Proff on a HP PC, 512 RAM, Is it possible to create a message
    > rule in BellSouth Pop3 Outlook Express for an automatic reply? If there
    > was an email link on my websites where folks could click and they would
    > receive an automatic email reply listing the latest pages / photos , etc.?
    >
    > You have a sample or what?
    > =======================================
    > "Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."
    >
    > Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams in New Orleans
    >
    > http://military.accaw.org
    > ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~

    I followed your directions and it seems to be working so if you get a chance
    to email; LsuEdu@bellsouth.net with new in the subject line it should send
    you a reply with the latest pages.

    Does new have to be by itself on the subject line or what if someone types
    it all together like; whatsnew

    Thanks! Free New Orleans Gumbo for you!

    > Hi Doc,
    >
    > Open notepad, create a response, then save it as a *.eml file (use
    > file/"save as").
    >
    > Open Outlook Express, click Tools/Message Rules/Mail
    >
    > On the Mail Rule tab, click new, create as follows:
    >
    > "Where the mail is from a specified account"
    > "Reply with message"
    > "Stop processing more rules"
    >
    > You need to then click the link to choose the specified account from your
    > currently installed POP3 mail accounts. Next, click the response and link
    > it to the previously created .eml file.
    >
    > The last rule is to stop the email from being further manipulated. You
    > could also add a step to sort these emails to a different folder other
    > than the inbox after replying.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    >> Using XP Proff on a HP PC, 512 RAM, Is it possible to create a message
    >> rule in BellSouth Pop3 Outlook Express for an automatic reply? If there
    >> was an email link on my websites where folks could click and they would
    >> receive an automatic email reply listing the latest pages / photos ,
    >> etc.?
    >>
    >> You have a sample or what?
    >> =======================================
    >> "Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."
    >>
    >> Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams in New Orleans
    >>
    >> http://military.accaw.org
    >> ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~

    Will try both and let you know what happens.

    --

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Will try both and let you know what happens.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    > >I followed your directions and it seems to be working so if you get a
    > >chance to email; LsuEdu@bellsouth.net with new in the subject line it
    > >should send you a reply with the latest pages.
    > >
    > > Does new have to be by itself on the subject line or what if someone
    types
    > > it all together like; whatsnew
    > >
    > > Thanks! Free New Orleans Gumbo for you!
    > >

    > > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > >> Hi Doc,
    > >>
    > >> Open notepad, create a response, then save it as a *.eml file (use
    > >> file/"save as").
    > >>
    > >> Open Outlook Express, click Tools/Message Rules/Mail
    > >>
    > >> On the Mail Rule tab, click new, create as follows:
    > >>
    > >> "Where the mail is from a specified account"
    > >> "Reply with message"
    > >> "Stop processing more rules"
    > >>
    > >> You need to then click the link to choose the specified account from
    your
    > >> currently installed POP3 mail accounts. Next, click the response and
    link
    > >> it to the previously created .eml file.
    > >>
    > >> The last rule is to stop the email from being further manipulated. You
    > >> could also add a step to sort these emails to a different folder other
    > >> than the inbox after replying.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Best of Luck,

    > >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    > >> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    > >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    > >>
    > >> <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message

    Got replies (the same one) on both subject lines.

    --

    <d.libera@gmx.de> wrote in message

    > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> Will try both and let you know what happens.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message
    >> >I followed your directions and it seems to be working so if you get a
    >> >chance to email; LsuEdu@bellsouth.net with new in the subject line it
    >> >should send you a reply with the latest pages.
    >> >
    >> > Does new have to be by itself on the subject line or what if someone
    > types
    >> > it all together like; whatsnew
    >> >
    >> > Thanks! Free New Orleans Gumbo for you!
    >> >

    >> > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message

    > your
    > link

    > they
    > photos

    This is neat to learn new features.
    I told the girls in the office I figured it all out by myself - they cooked
    New Orleans Seafood Gumbo for me!

    PS The gumbo was good.

    > Got replies (the same one) on both subject lines.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > <d.libera@gmx.de> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>> Will try both and let you know what happens.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Best of Luck,

    >>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    >>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>>
    >>> <CTLouisiana@msn.comREMOVE> wrote in message

    >> types

    >> your
    >> link

    >> they
    >> photos

    No fair! Ship some my way!!!

    The girls - not the gumbo, they can whip me up a batch when they get here
    <g>.

    --

    > This is neat to learn new features.
    > I told the girls in the office I figured it all out by myself - they
    > cooked New Orleans Seafood Gumbo for me!
    >
    > PS The gumbo was good.

    >> Got replies (the same one) on both subject lines.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org