Lost programme after spyware removal

Hello,
My problem is that I ran several of my Spyware removal applications
yesterday, plus I did a scan through Tiscali's Broadband help pages (which
seemed to find something none of my other removers had found) and now I
cannot get into ciao.co.uk, my regular opinion site. I know that the file
"FunWebproducts" needs to be enabled and I have unchecked this in all my
spyware removers.
I tried system restore as far back as it will allow me to go yesterday
before any of my removal actions, but this hasn't helped.........strangely
enough, the restore points are still available?

Any ideas?
6 answers Last reply
More about lost programme spyware removal

    http://www.ciao.co.uk/ opens up for me and I do not have any spyware, i.e.
    FunWebproducts.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:220D21A2-E703-4E9C-822E-1C74F7C3435A@microsoft.com,
    sylviesinc <sylviesinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hello,
    > My problem is that I ran several of my Spyware removal applications
    > yesterday, plus I did a scan through Tiscali's Broadband help pages (which
    > seemed to find something none of my other removers had found) and now I
    > cannot get into ciao.co.uk, my regular opinion site. I know that the file
    > "FunWebproducts" needs to be enabled and I have unchecked this in all my
    > spyware removers.
    > I tried system restore as far back as it will allow me to go yesterday
    > before any of my removal actions, but this hasn't helped.........strangely
    > enough, the restore points are still available?
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Thanks for the reply. I have discovered that I have no problems when I turn
    off Spyware Doctor and also that I have to turn it off to reply in this
    newsgroup otherwise I get a MS page stating, "we're sorry but we are unable
    to service your request....." when I click on "reply" or any other function
    button. The last update obviously loaded it's database with some powerful
    blockers!

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > http://www.ciao.co.uk/ opens up for me and I do not have any spyware, i.e.
    > FunWebproducts.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:220D21A2-E703-4E9C-822E-1C74F7C3435A@microsoft.com,
    > sylviesinc <sylviesinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Hello,
    > > My problem is that I ran several of my Spyware removal applications
    > > yesterday, plus I did a scan through Tiscali's Broadband help pages (which
    > > seemed to find something none of my other removers had found) and now I
    > > cannot get into ciao.co.uk, my regular opinion site. I know that the file
    > > "FunWebproducts" needs to be enabled and I have unchecked this in all my
    > > spyware removers.
    > > I tried system restore as far back as it will allow me to go yesterday
    > > before any of my removal actions, but this hasn't helped.........strangely
    > > enough, the restore points are still available?
    > >
    > > Any ideas?

    These are from two of the three cookies that were BLOCKED when I access

    http://www.ciao.co.uk/

    Privacy Policy
    http://www.utarget.co.uk/w3c/privacy.htm

    Privacy Statement
    http://www.omniture.com/policy.html

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:B530B218-0BA2-47E4-A0A2-FD35039F10AF@microsoft.com,
    sylviesinc <sylviesinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Thanks for the reply. I have discovered that I have no problems when I
    > turn off Spyware Doctor and also that I have to turn it off to reply in
    > this newsgroup otherwise I get a MS page stating, "we're sorry but we are
    > unable to service your request....." when I click on "reply" or any other
    > function button. The last update obviously loaded it's database with some
    > powerful blockers!
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.ciao.co.uk/ opens up for me and I do not have any spyware,
    >> i.e. FunWebproducts.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:220D21A2-E703-4E9C-822E-1C74F7C3435A@microsoft.com,
    >> sylviesinc <sylviesinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Hello,
    >>> My problem is that I ran several of my Spyware removal applications
    >>> yesterday, plus I did a scan through Tiscali's Broadband help pages
    >>> (which seemed to find something none of my other removers had found)
    >>> and now I cannot get into ciao.co.uk, my regular opinion site. I know
    >>> that the file "FunWebproducts" needs to be enabled and I have unchecked
    >>> this in all my spyware removers.
    >>> I tried system restore as far back as it will allow me to go yesterday
    >>> before any of my removal actions, but this hasn't
    >>> helped.........strangely enough, the restore points are still available?
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?

    Forgive my ignorance but I don't understand the significance of these blocked
    cookies. caio is based in Germany and is a consumer site which is also a
    community. It pays (very little) for reviews and also conducts paid surveys.
    It has sites in many countries. I have been using it for many years and have
    never had any problems, also my adware/spyware remover (including Spybot)
    rarely finds anything amiss. I have, by the way,removed "FunWebproducts"
    without it affecting ciao so I was mistaken there.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > These are from two of the three cookies that were BLOCKED when I access
    >
    > http://www.ciao.co.uk/
    >
    > Privacy Policy
    > http://www.utarget.co.uk/w3c/privacy.htm
    >
    > Privacy Statement
    > http://www.omniture.com/policy.html
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:B530B218-0BA2-47E4-A0A2-FD35039F10AF@microsoft.com,
    > sylviesinc <sylviesinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Thanks for the reply. I have discovered that I have no problems when I
    > > turn off Spyware Doctor and also that I have to turn it off to reply in
    > > this newsgroup otherwise I get a MS page stating, "we're sorry but we are
    > > unable to service your request....." when I click on "reply" or any other
    > > function button. The last update obviously loaded it's database with some
    > > powerful blockers!
    > >
    > > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    > >
    > >> http://www.ciao.co.uk/ opens up for me and I do not have any spyware,
    > >> i.e. FunWebproducts.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >>
    > >> Wes
    > >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >>
    > >> In news:220D21A2-E703-4E9C-822E-1C74F7C3435A@microsoft.com,
    > >> sylviesinc <sylviesinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    I just went there also. No problem.

    I don't understand though why anyone would want to visit a web site that
    does NOT have it's privacy policy displayed prominently on the main page!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    > http://www.ciao.co.uk/ opens up for me and I do not have any spyware, i.e.
    > FunWebproducts.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:220D21A2-E703-4E9C-822E-1C74F7C3435A@microsoft.com,
    > sylviesinc <sylviesinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> Hello,
    >> My problem is that I ran several of my Spyware removal applications
    >> yesterday, plus I did a scan through Tiscali's Broadband help pages
    >> (which
    >> seemed to find something none of my other removers had found) and now I
    >> cannot get into ciao.co.uk, my regular opinion site. I know that the file
    >> "FunWebproducts" needs to be enabled and I have unchecked this in all my
    >> spyware removers.
    >> I tried system restore as far back as it will allow me to go yesterday
    >> before any of my removal actions, but this hasn't
    >> helped.........strangely
    >> enough, the restore points are still available?
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    Then obviously there must be some configuration options you need to amend.
    Personally I stick with Adaware and Spybot, plus of course a decent firewall
    and AV

    "sylviesinc" <sylviesinc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the reply. I have discovered that I have no problems when I
    turn
    > off Spyware Doctor and also that I have to turn it off to reply in this
    > newsgroup otherwise I get a MS page stating, "we're sorry but we are
    unable
    > to service your request....." when I click on "reply" or any other
    function
    > button. The last update obviously loaded it's database with some powerful
    > blockers!
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.ciao.co.uk/ opens up for me and I do not have any spyware,
    i.e.
    > > FunWebproducts.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >
    > > Wes
    > > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > In news:220D21A2-E703-4E9C-822E-1C74F7C3435A@microsoft.com,
    > > sylviesinc <sylviesinc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > > Hello,
    > > > My problem is that I ran several of my Spyware removal applications
    > > > yesterday, plus I did a scan through Tiscali's Broadband help pages
    (which
    > > > seemed to find something none of my other removers had found) and now
    > > > cannot get into ciao.co.uk, my regular opinion site. I know that the
    file
    > > > "FunWebproducts" needs to be enabled and I have unchecked this in all
    my
    > > > spyware removers.
    > > > I tried system restore as far back as it will allow me to go yesterday
    > > > before any of my removal actions, but this hasn't
    helped.........strangely
    > > > enough, the restore points are still available?
    > > >
    > > > Any ideas?

Microsoft Spyware Windows XP