My personal desktop goes away

I am running XP HE with service pack 2. After my PC has been idle for a few
minutes and it goes to sleep or hibernates, my personal desktop is replaced
by the "To begin, click your user name" screen and I have to log in again. I
assume this is a security measure. Is there a way around this, so that when
I hit a key, my desktop will reappear?
--
Thanks, Jim Butcher

Get rid of the screen saver password.

Right click the Desktop | Properties | Screen Saver tab |
UNSelect the On resume, password protect check box.
If Fast User Switching is turned on, UNSelect the On resume, display Welcome
screen check box.
Apply | OK

On resume
[[Specifies whether the logon window is displayed when you resume using
the computer after the screen saver has started running. If logging on
requires a password, you will have to type the password when you resume
work.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes