video playback problems

http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/bev/singing.htm
This isn't an ad for my web site. This page hasn't been touched. It worked fine
for me a few days ago before I re-installed the OS.
http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/bev/current/index_3.htm
this page I just made and finally got it to play an mpg movie the one on the
end by using a quicktime plugin.

At this time I also installed the golive 8 cs2 trial where this problem lead me
to believe it was a problem with the new golive.

I removed GL CS2, reinstalled GL CS. It's now screwed in this version [that
originally created the page]

CS2 may have helped a bit by providing more feedback on the actual problem. But
not enough to find a fix..

It claimed [needs plugin but doesn't say which]

It normally worked fine as mime type video/x-mpeg or mpg. But to get it working
after this OS re-install up to SP2 and media player 10. The only file type it
plays is a quicktime plugin.

This is in IE6, and on my desktop. Golive is just where the problem showed up.
If I'd just loaded the page from my hard drive into IE, it won't play in IE6
unless it's using the quicktime plugin's.

This is abnormal.

Why is my OS not finding the correct codec or what have you to play plain mpg's
in a web page ?

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 18:34:15 -0400, Husky wrote:

> http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/bev/singing.htm
> This isn't an ad for my web site. This page hasn't been touched. It worked fine
> for me a few days ago before I re-installed the OS.
> http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/bev/current/index_3.htm
> this page I just made and finally got it to play an mpg movie the one on the
> end by using a quicktime plugin.
>
> At this time I also installed the golive 8 cs2 trial where this problem lead me
> to believe it was a problem with the new golive.
>
> I removed GL CS2, reinstalled GL CS. It's now screwed in this version [that
> originally created the page]
>
> CS2 may have helped a bit by providing more feedback on the actual problem. But
> not enough to find a fix..
>
> It claimed [needs plugin but doesn't say which]
>
> It normally worked fine as mime type video/x-mpeg or mpg. But to get it working
> after this OS re-install up to SP2 and media player 10. The only file type it
> plays is a quicktime plugin.
>
> This is in IE6, and on my desktop. Golive is just where the problem showed up.
> If I'd just loaded the page from my hard drive into IE, it won't play in IE6
> unless it's using the quicktime plugin's.
>
> This is abnormal.
>
> Why is my OS not finding the correct codec or what have you to play plain mpg's
> in a web page ?

I didn't follow most of what you wrote but the movie files at the first
link worked fine here. Both played as expected in the player that is
embedded in the page (no separate player window opened). Second link worked
fine too. Hung around the site a little longer to play concentration and do
the jigsaw. Thanks!

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 13:18:46 -0500, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 18:34:15 -0400, Husky wrote:
>
>> http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/bev/singing.htm
>> This isn't an ad for my web site. This page hasn't been touched. It worked fine
>> for me a few days ago before I re-installed the OS.
>> http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/bev/current/index_3.htm
>> this page I just made and finally got it to play an mpg movie the one on the
>> end by using a quicktime plugin.
>>
>> At this time I also installed the golive 8 cs2 trial where this problem lead me
>> to believe it was a problem with the new golive.
>>
>> I removed GL CS2, reinstalled GL CS. It's now screwed in this version [that
>> originally created the page]
>>
>> CS2 may have helped a bit by providing more feedback on the actual problem. But
>> not enough to find a fix..
>>
>> It claimed [needs plugin but doesn't say which]
>>
>> It normally worked fine as mime type video/x-mpeg or mpg. But to get it working
>> after this OS re-install up to SP2 and media player 10. The only file type it
>> plays is a quicktime plugin.
>>
>> This is in IE6, and on my desktop. Golive is just where the problem showed up.
>> If I'd just loaded the page from my hard drive into IE, it won't play in IE6
>> unless it's using the quicktime plugin's.
>>
>> This is abnormal.
>>
>> Why is my OS not finding the correct codec or what have you to play plain mpg's
>> in a web page ?
>
>I didn't follow most of what you wrote but the movie files at the first
>link worked fine here. Both played as expected in the player that is
>embedded in the page (no separate player window opened). Second link worked
>fine too. Hung around the site a little longer to play concentration and do
>the jigsaw. Thanks!

It seems to be something with golive cs2.

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 18:10:46 -0400, Husky wrote:

> It seems to be something with golive cs2.

It would appear so. Don't use that program so have no suggestions to offer.
Adobe has some user forums on their websites. Might give those a try.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

TRENDING THREADS