Need for Speed playable PC demo

simplyderp

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
It's a good game, but mediocre compared to other arcade/simulation racing games like Gran Turismo 4 and Forza Motorsport 2. I'm currently playing it with a Logitech Driving Force GT.

ainarssems

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
Really hard to control using keyboard comparing to previous versions of NFS. Looks like good game and I might be byuing it but I will definately need to get steering wheel/pedal setup first. Logitech G25 looks sweet but it's expensive. I might snag one on e-bay though. Anyone knows cheaper good alternative?

simplyderp

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
I've been playing some more. Somehow all the tuning settings are slid ALL THE WAY to the left by default, causing all those whiners on NFS:S forums to spin out. If Gran Turismo 3 was a 9.4, then I'd give this game an 8.5; it's definitely worth investing in.

inquisitor03

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
I was looking forward to this game but after playing it on the PC I was left totally disappointed at yet another EA NFS Game!
For me the last great NFS game was Most Wanted, no other NFS game has come close to MW since.

The handling of the cars is complete crap and the physics... what physics??? This is meant to be some kind of simulation but its just another sub standard arcade racer that EA has produced. I don't mind arcade racers for fun but this game is definitely not fun!

EA has got it wrong so many times now that it's getting beyond a joke!

I'll be sticking to GTR2, LFS and RFactor still for my racing needs! :)