Restore the registry?

In W 98, the command "scanreg/restore" lets you restore the registry to any one
of the four (or so) previous days.

Is there a similar command in Windows XP? It does not recognize "scanreg".

Thanks!

John <><

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
with an other monkey's monkey.
4 answers Last reply
More about restore registry

    John wrote:
    > In W 98, the command "scanreg/restore" lets you restore the registry to any one
    > of the four (or so) previous days.
    >
    > Is there a similar command in Windows XP? It does not recognize "scanreg".

    In XP you have system restore. This is available on the Start Menu at
    Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    Hi John,

    In addition to Tom's good information, here a 3ed party registry
    backup utility that works well.
    ERUNT: The Emergency Recovery Utility NT - Registry Backup and Restore
    for Windows NT/2000/2003/XP
    http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt/

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:39:14 -0400, "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote:

    >Hi John,
    >
    >In addition to Tom's good information, here a 3ed party registry
    >backup utility that works well.
    >ERUNT: The Emergency Recovery Utility NT - Registry Backup and Restore
    >for Windows NT/2000/2003/XP
    >http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt/

    Thanks, Bert! (I was unable to find it on the above link, but it was available
    at the following location:

    Thank you also, Tom, for your reply!

    John <><

    A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
    with an other monkey's monkey.

    You're welcome John. I have updated my links, thanks.

    --

    John wrote:
    > Thanks, Bert! (I was unable to find it on the above
    > link, but it was available at the following location:
    > http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
    >
    > Thank you also, Tom, for your reply!
    >

    > John <><
    >
    > A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
    > with an other monkey's monkey.

Command Prompt Registry Windows XP