Status
Not open for further replies.

Delengowski

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
I have bought an HT OMEGA Striker 7.1 sound card and I want to actually use it to its max. It has

MIC IN (3.5mm Stereo-jack)
LINE IN (3.5mm Stereo-jack)
FRONT (3.5mm Stereo-jack)
SIDE SURROUND (3.5mm Stereo-jack)
CENTER/S.WOOFER (3.5mm Stereo-jack)
BACK SURROUND(3.5mm Stereo-jack)
OPTICAL INPUT (S/PDIF OPTICAL Digital Input connector)
OPTICAL OUTPUT
COAXIAL OUTPUT

When I was looking at computer speakers I couldn't find any that were designated like a conventional system speakers would be. Do I just buy a bunch of 2.1s for the SIDE and BACK surround sound? And I couldn't for the life of me find any kind of center/subwoofer products..nothing but 2.1 speakers

Edit: my real question is can I use a bunch of different speakers to make a 5.1 or 7.1 system? Instead of buying a packaged 5.1? I already have this CREATIVE GIGAWORKS T40 SERIES II speakers that have a sub and tweeter built in and I love them and would really like to just expand on them.

You are just using 2.0 speakers, or any pair of powered speakers for front, rear, side, (1)center, and you need a powered sub. All these need a 3.5 audio cable input.
Yes instead of buying prepackaged, you are buying individual speakers.

Actually computer speakers suck badly.
You are better off looking for powered studio monitors, in a size and cost range that fits your plans. You may need audio adapters, like RCA to 3.5 mm...
But some inexpensive studio monitors for recording will have a far better sound quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS