I keep getting blue screens when I close down. The latest one said I had a
Invalid_kernel_handle issue. It mentions that I should check to be sure
hardware is installed properly. Could the issue be the older Compaq IJ600
printer? I am not at home right now, and I don't have my notes with me for
the other blue screen message.

Also, when I receive a picture via e-mail and I try to save it as a jpg in
my file, the fax & picture viewer gives me the message "preview not
available". It apparently does not recognize the format.

I am new to XP. Please help.

seth

1) the printer is a possibility? when did it start happening? did you
install new software or hardware right before this error started?
can't seem to find much more info on this error, but more technical
information can be found here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/BCCodes_9b95f8ff-740c-42c6-abf7-660caae25e3f.xml.asp?frame=true

2) as far as the picture goes, was it a jpg when you received it? could be
corrupt file. make sure the file has the same extention when you saved it as
it did when you received it

"jenay" <jenay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting blue screens when I close down. The latest one said I had a
> Invalid_kernel_handle issue. It mentions that I should check to be sure
> hardware is installed properly. Could the issue be the older Compaq IJ600
> printer? I am not at home right now, and I don't have my notes with me
> for
> the other blue screen message.
>
> Also, when I receive a picture via e-mail and I try to save it as a jpg in
> my file, the fax & picture viewer gives me the message "preview not
> available". It apparently does not recognize the format.
>
> I am new to XP. Please help.

Upon thinking about it...It seems to have started after the printer
connection. The blue screen says to check to be sure the hardware is loaded
correctly. Can you tell me how I do that? I just bought the emachine and
have emailed their support a few times, but nothing seems to be helping. Thx
for the link, I'll check it out.

I'm saving the photos the same way they come in. They are from different
sources, so I'm not sure what's up. I have photos on a cd that I can read,
but for some reason, the ones that are sent to me are the issue.

Thanks for your help :)

"seth" wrote:

> 1) the printer is a possibility? when did it start happening? did you
> install new software or hardware right before this error started?
> can't seem to find much more info on this error, but more technical
> information can be found here
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/BCCodes_9b95f8ff-740c-42c6-abf7-660caae25e3f.xml.asp?frame=true
>
> 2) as far as the picture goes, was it a jpg when you received it? could be
> corrupt file. make sure the file has the same extention when you saved it as
> it did when you received it
>

> "jenay" <jenay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I keep getting blue screens when I close down. The latest one said I had a
> > Invalid_kernel_handle issue. It mentions that I should check to be sure
> > hardware is installed properly. Could the issue be the older Compaq IJ600
> > printer? I am not at home right now, and I don't have my notes with me
> > for
> > the other blue screen message.
> >
> > Also, when I receive a picture via e-mail and I try to save it as a jpg in
> > my file, the fax & picture viewer gives me the message "preview not
> > available". It apparently does not recognize the format.
> >
> > I am new to XP. Please help.

You may want to test by downloading the latest drivers from the hardware's
Vendor

Update Microsoft Windows Updates

Start | Shutdown

Unplug the hardware

Reboot into Safe Mode

Use control panel to remove the hardware's drivers / software

Use the device manager in System Properties to remove the hardware

Reboot

Reinstall the latest drivers / software
Start | Shutdown

Re-plug the cables into the hardware
Reboot into normal mode

The OS should install the correct drivers
"Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."

Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams
Louisiana @ 314.479.8201

http://military.accaw.org
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~