Window Placement

If I have a window up on the screen, already, and invoke a program with
another window, the second window is hidden behind the first. How can I
make new windows come up on top of other windows already in existance?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

TweakUI
[+] General
Focus

Focus
[[Enables to user to "prevent applications from stealing focus" from the
window you are working in. Instead, their taskbar icon will flash to
indicate that the application is trying to get your attention.]]

[[When an application needs your attention-or when it simply wants to annoy
you-it steals the focus from the application in which you're currently
working. This leads to frustration as you flip back and forth between
windows. The settings in the Focus category prevent that scenario by causing
applications to flash their taskbar buttons to get your attention rather
than stealing focus from the application in the foreground.]]
----

Download TweakUI here >>>

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

Tweak UI
TweakUI.exe
===

Tweak UI for Windows XP Guide
http://www.winxpsolution.com/Tweakuixppro.aspx

----

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
Value Name: ForegroundFlashCount
Value Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: 0 thru X
0 = taskbar button flashes until you click it
1 thru X = flashes the number of times for value set

Value Name: ForegroundLockTimeout
Value Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: 00030d40
The default value is 0x00030D40 (200000)
This value is the time in milliseconds before Windows XP allows an
application to steal the focus from the foreground application. To convert
200000 to seconds, divide it by 1000 (200 seconds).

Microsoft® Windows® XP Registry Guide
Chapter 5 Mapping Tweak UI
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/6232.asp

--