Window Placement

If I have a window up on the screen, already, and invoke a program with
another window, the second window is hidden behind the first. How can I
make new windows come up on top of other windows already in existance?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
1 answer Last reply
More about window placement

    TweakUI
    [+] General
    Focus

    Focus
    [[Enables to user to "prevent applications from stealing focus" from the
    window you are working in. Instead, their taskbar icon will flash to
    indicate that the application is trying to get your attention.]]

    [[When an application needs your attention-or when it simply wants to annoy
    you-it steals the focus from the application in which you're currently
    working. This leads to frustration as you flip back and forth between
    windows. The settings in the Focus category prevent that scenario by causing
    applications to flash their taskbar buttons to get your attention rather
    than stealing focus from the application in the foreground.]]
    ----

    Download TweakUI here >>>

    Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

    Tweak UI
    TweakUI.exe
    ===

    Tweak UI for Windows XP Guide
    http://www.winxpsolution.com/Tweakuixppro.aspx

    ----

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    Value Name: ForegroundFlashCount
    Value Type: REG_DWORD
    Value Data: 0 thru X
    0 = taskbar button flashes until you click it
    1 thru X = flashes the number of times for value set

    Value Name: ForegroundLockTimeout
    Value Type: REG_DWORD
    Value Data: 00030d40
    The default value is 0x00030D40 (200000)
    This value is the time in milliseconds before Windows XP allows an
    application to steal the focus from the foreground application. To convert
    200000 to seconds, divide it by 1000 (200 seconds).

    Microsoft® Windows® XP Registry Guide
    Chapter 5 Mapping Tweak UI
    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/6232.asp

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:evzDFYtaFHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    mike carrington <throwaway01@qwest.net> hunted and pecked:
    > If I have a window up on the screen, already, and invoke a program with
    > another window, the second window is hidden behind the first. How can I
    > make new windows come up on top of other windows already in existance?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Mike

Microsoft Windows XP