Computer files/hard drive - HELP! :(

Most of my computer files are blue [as in the wording of the folder] and
in the documents and settings\user\local settings\temp there are tons of
folders that I dont know what they are... I recently fixed my computer
for having the aurora pop up... this temp folder is taking up half of
my drive. Reading at 33.9GB on a 74.5GB. Can I delete this folder? or
What else can I do?

I don't run any serious programs on my pc. Just photoshop and a FTP.

I have done defrag, scan disk, virus, spybot, adware. The works.

Thanks for the help if any.

--
qui.

qui. <qui..1q8r1q@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>Most of my computer files are blue [as in the wording of the folder] and
>in the documents and settings\user\local settings\temp there are tons of
>folders that I dont know what they are... I recently fixed my computer
>for having the aurora pop up... this temp folder is taking up half of
>my drive. Reading at 33.9GB on a 74.5GB. Can I delete this folder? or
>What else can I do?

You can safely delete all the files in the TEMP and TEMPORARY INTERNET
FILES folders.
The files in blue are compressed. See "How to Use File Compression in
Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307987).

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

Blue colour signifies 'compressed'.. run Disk Clean to clear out temp
files..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"qui." <qui..1q8r1q@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Most of my computer files are blue [as in the wording of the folder] and
> in the documents and settings\user\local settings\temp there are tons of
> folders that I dont know what they are... I recently fixed my computer
> for having the aurora pop up... this temp folder is taking up half of
> my drive. Reading at 33.9GB on a 74.5GB. Can I delete this folder? or
> What else can I do?
>
> I don't run any serious programs on my pc. Just photoshop and a FTP.
>
> I have done defrag, scan disk, virus, spybot, adware. The works.
>
> Thanks for the help if any.
>

> --
> qui.

you should try Adware Alert