Activited user accounts

And now I can'y access my word program and I seem to be having other problems
how can I go back to the point before I activited the user accounts program
to add a user?

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 23:11:01 -0700, ArtinSD wrote:

> And now I can'y access my word program and I seem to be having other problems
> how can I go back to the point before I activited the user accounts program
> to add a user?

And? Do you have another post somewhere? Guessing from what little info is
in this post...

If you "lost" your old account from the welcome screen, it's because you
were using the built-in administrator account (originally named
Administrator). Whenever another account is created within the
administrative group, the built-in account drops off of the welcome screen.
This behavior is intended and normal.

You also asked how to "go back." Not always plausible nor advisable where
the builtin administrator account is concerned. The account is intended to
be used as reserved account. If anything goes wrong with the day-to-day
accounts, it is often the only one accessible for "fixing" things up again.

You could force the account back on to the welcome screen using TweakUI for
XP. TweakUI is one of the Power toys for XP. A link to the download can be
found here:

However, it would probably be wiser in the long run to leave it be and use
the new account instead. In regards to the new account and current access
problems:

Have you tried launching Word by itself from your new account yet? There
should be a pause as info is setup for your user account in regards to any
installed Office program. There may even be a prompt for the Office CD
during this process. If still no luck, run Office setup again and choose to
install for *all users* instead of "only me."

To access files that are "owned" by another account (in this case, your old
account), take ownership of the files. Then you can access them. You could
even copy and move them over to your account folders, if you prefer.

Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Thanks for responding, Sharon:

Yes I tried reloading the office CD doesnt seem to help I have some sort of
bug in my word program. When I save a document , then try to retrieve it it
gives me an error for instance I retyped my resume the other day and saved it
to the desktop now when I try to open it I get"The file xxx xxx resume is not
available" How can it not be available when I just typed it? Thats why I want
to go back to the point before I added the other user I never had any of
these problems before I did that.

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:29:17 -0700, ArtinSD wrote:

> Thanks for responding, Sharon:
>
> Yes I tried reloading the office CD doesnt seem to help I have some sort of
> bug in my word program. When I save a document , then try to retrieve it it
> gives me an error for instance I retyped my resume the other day and saved it
> to the desktop now when I try to open it I get"The file xxx xxx resume is not
> available" How can it not be available when I just typed it? Thats why I want
> to go back to the point before I added the other user I never had any of
> these problems before I did that.

This may actually be a problem with Word. If you open Word and click on
Help, there is an option to "repair." May want to try that.

Another suggestion would be posting the Word trouble in one of the Word
newsgroups. You can find them here:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx

Be sure to include the version of Word that you are using and a complete
description of the problem you are experiencing. Word for word error
messages are helpful.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User