New VZW customers - Watch your first bill!@#$%*^%

Last response: in Network Providers
July 2, 2004 7:34:24 AM

I am new to Verizon. I ported my phone from Sprint. The main reason was
Sprint has a very poor signal in my house. I tried different Sprint
phones - no luck. When I signed up with Sprint, my billing cycle started
the day I signed up.

With Verizon, my first bill had a partial billing for 6 days! I am not sure
if the salesdroid explained a partial billing to expect on the first bill!

Plus, I saw that the activiation fee was $35 instead of $15 - I signed up
for 2 years! I caught this and called *611 and insisted that I be credited
with the amount due me. They did.

BUT I don't know if the partial calculation was fair or not. I was charged
roughly $15 on the 6 days. With the options I have, my total monthly charge
is around $52.96. $52.96 divided by 6 days = $8.83. My charge should only
be $8.83 for the 6 days of usage, but Verizon charged me $15.

Verizon is making money for sure with these first billing scenarios.
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 2:46:19 PM

C C wrote:

> BUT I don't know if the partial calculation was fair or not. I was
> charged roughly $15 on the 6 days. With the options I have, my total
> monthly charge is around $52.96. $52.96 divided by 6 days = $8.83.
> My charge should only be $8.83 for the 6 days of usage, but Verizon
> charged me $15.

Call *611 again and ask them to explain it to you. They will give you
the same explanation that the salesdroid gave you the first time that
you didn't listen to. There is some very difficult math involved so
have a pencil and paper ready.

-Quick
July 2, 2004 5:38:17 PM

"C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With Verizon, my first bill had a partial billing for 6 days! I am not
sure
> if the salesdroid explained a partial billing to expect on the first bill!

So he probably did and you didn't pay any attn.

> Plus, I saw that the activiation fee was $35 instead of $15 - I signed up
> for 2 years! I caught this and called *611 and insisted that I be
credited
> with the amount due me. They did.

Sounds strangely familar to the other story from yesterday. Makes me wonder
who is making stories up.

> BUT I don't know if the partial calculation was fair or not. I was
charged
> roughly $15 on the 6 days. With the options I have, my total monthly
charge
> is around $52.96. $52.96 divided by 6 days = $8.83. My charge should
only
> be $8.83 for the 6 days of usage, but Verizon charged me $15.

Don't know where you getting your math from but if you have a plan that
totals $52.96 a month, that comes to $1.77 a day. That comes to almost $11
not counting taxes.

KC
July 3, 2004 5:30:21 AM

"Quick" <dhorwitz@NOSPAMcisco.com> wrote in news:1088790531.874441@sj-
nntpcache-3:

> Call *611 again and ask them to explain it to you. They will give you
> the same explanation that the salesdroid gave you the first time that
> you didn't listen to. There is some very difficult math involved so
> have a pencil and paper ready.
>
> -Quick

Bullshit! Call 611 three different times on 3 different shifts and ask
them to explain it to you. You'll get three different explanations, every
time. They have so many crazy obfuscations it's like trying to get the IRS
agents to explain the tax code to you.....(c;
Anonymous
July 3, 2004 5:30:22 AM

Larry W4CSC wrote:
> "Quick" <dhorwitz@NOSPAMcisco.com> wrote in news:1088790531.874441@sj-
> nntpcache-3:
>

>> Call *611 again and ask them to explain it to you. They will give you
>> the same explanation that the salesdroid gave you the first time that
>> you didn't listen to. There is some very difficult math involved so
>> have a pencil and paper ready.
>>
>> -Quick
>>
> Bullshit! Call 611 three different times on 3 different shifts and
> ask them to explain it to you. You'll get three different
> explanations, every time. They have so many crazy obfuscations it's
> like trying to get the IRS agents to explain the tax code to
> you.....(c;

c'mon Larry. Try it and post the summary. Make exactly 3 calls
to *611 and tell us the differences in the explanations. I have a
feeling there is a pretty good section in their training on this.

-Quick
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 6:13:29 AM

How else you think they are able to stay in business and not offer
customer's any exceptional benefits? They find new ways to program their
billing system in their favor.

"C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am new to Verizon. I ported my phone from Sprint. The main reason was
> Sprint has a very poor signal in my house. I tried different Sprint
> phones - no luck. When I signed up with Sprint, my billing cycle started
> the day I signed up.
>
> With Verizon, my first bill had a partial billing for 6 days! I am not
sure
> if the salesdroid explained a partial billing to expect on the first bill!
>
> Plus, I saw that the activiation fee was $35 instead of $15 - I signed up
> for 2 years! I caught this and called *611 and insisted that I be
credited
> with the amount due me. They did.
>
> BUT I don't know if the partial calculation was fair or not. I was
charged
> roughly $15 on the 6 days. With the options I have, my total monthly
charge
> is around $52.96. $52.96 divided by 6 days = $8.83. My charge should
only
> be $8.83 for the 6 days of usage, but Verizon charged me $15.
>
> Verizon is making money for sure with these first billing scenarios.

Anonymous
July 4, 2004 6:13:30 AM

"Killer Madness" <killermo@cnet.com> wrote in message
| How else you think they are able to stay in business and not offer
| customer's any exceptional benefits? They find new ways to program their
| billing system in their favor.

Care to provide any evidence that can be checked? Or do you just want to
keep shrieking hysterically?....:)

PC

| "C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > I am new to Verizon. I ported my phone from Sprint. The main reason
was
| > Sprint has a very poor signal in my house. I tried different Sprint
| > phones - no luck. When I signed up with Sprint, my billing cycle
started
| > the day I signed up.
| >
| > With Verizon, my first bill had a partial billing for 6 days! I am not
| sure
| > if the salesdroid explained a partial billing to expect on the first
bill!

| > Plus, I saw that the activiation fee was $35 instead of $15 - I signed
up
| > for 2 years! I caught this and called *611 and insisted that I be
| credited
| > with the amount due me. They did.
| >
| > BUT I don't know if the partial calculation was fair or not. I was
| charged
| > roughly $15 on the 6 days. With the options I have, my total monthly
| charge
| > is around $52.96. $52.96 divided by 6 days = $8.83. My charge should
| only
| > be $8.83 for the 6 days of usage, but Verizon charged me $15.
| >
| > Verizon is making money for sure with these first billing scenarios.

Anonymous
July 4, 2004 6:14:26 AM

A multi-billion dollar #1 rated cellular company that can't hire competent
people? NO WAY! You have got to be kidding.

"Larry W4CSC" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> "Quick" <dhorwitz@NOSPAMcisco.com> wrote in news:1088790531.874441@sj-
> nntpcache-3:
>

> > Call *611 again and ask them to explain it to you. They will give you
> > the same explanation that the salesdroid gave you the first time that
> > you didn't listen to. There is some very difficult math involved so
> > have a pencil and paper ready.
> >
> > -Quick
> >
> Bullshit! Call 611 three different times on 3 different shifts and ask
> them to explain it to you. You'll get three different explanations, every
> time. They have so many crazy obfuscations it's like trying to get the
IRS
> agents to explain the tax code to you.....(c;

Anonymous
July 4, 2004 6:14:27 AM

| A multi-billion dollar #1 rated cellular company that can't hire competent
| people? NO WAY! You have got to be kidding.

Can you provide ANY credible checkable evidence that they can't hire
competent people? I've dealt with them all over the country for many years
and I finid their people to be quite competent, courteous and helpful....but
then I don't shriek at them and use foul language....

Maybe there is a lesson in that for you.....

PC

| "Larry W4CSC" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
| > "Quick" <dhorwitz@NOSPAMcisco.com> wrote in news:1088790531.874441@sj-
| > nntpcache-3:
| >

| > > Call *611 again and ask them to explain it to you. They will give you
| > > the same explanation that the salesdroid gave you the first time that
| > > you didn't listen to. There is some very difficult math involved so
| > > have a pencil and paper ready.
| > >
| > > -Quick
| > >
| > Bullshit! Call 611 three different times on 3 different shifts and ask
| > them to explain it to you. You'll get three different explanations,
every
| > time. They have so many crazy obfuscations it's like trying to get the
| IRS
| > agents to explain the tax code to you.....(c;

Anonymous
July 5, 2004 4:59:57 AM

Dude, read the post! What else do you want besides real experiences from
people? Sheesh.

"Proconsul" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message

> "Killer Madness" <killermo@cnet.com> wrote in message
> | A multi-billion dollar #1 rated cellular company that can't hire
competent
> | people? NO WAY! You have got to be kidding.
>
> Can you provide ANY credible checkable evidence that they can't hire
> competent people? I've dealt with them all over the country for many years
> and I finid their people to be quite competent, courteous and
helpful....but
> then I don't shriek at them and use foul language....
>
> Maybe there is a lesson in that for you.....
>
> PC
>

> | "Larry W4CSC" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> | > "Quick" <dhorwitz@NOSPAMcisco.com> wrote in news:1088790531.874441@sj-
> | > nntpcache-3:

> | > Bullshit! Call 611 three different times on 3 different shifts and
ask
> | > them to explain it to you. You'll get three different explanations,
> every
> | > time. They have so many crazy obfuscations it's like trying to get
the
> | IRS
> | > agents to explain the tax code to you.....(c;

Anonymous
July 5, 2004 5:01:05 AM

The evidence idiot is right on this news group. Read some of the posts about
Verizon making billing errors in the company's favor. You must be blind,
because the evidence is in your face!

> "Killer Madness" <killermo@cnet.com> wrote in message
> | How else you think they are able to stay in business and not offer
> | customer's any exceptional benefits? They find new ways to program their
> | billing system in their favor.
>
> Care to provide any evidence that can be checked? Or do you just want to
> keep shrieking hysterically?....:)
>
> PC
>

> | "C C" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | > I am new to Verizon. I ported my phone from Sprint. The main reason
> was
> | > Sprint has a very poor signal in my house. I tried different Sprint
> | > phones - no luck. When I signed up with Sprint, my billing cycle
> started
> | > the day I signed up.
> | >
> | > With Verizon, my first bill had a partial billing for 6 days! I am
not
> | sure
> | > if the salesdroid explained a partial billing to expect on the first
> bill!
> | >
> | > Plus, I saw that the activiation fee was $35 instead of $15 - I signed
> up
> | > for 2 years! I caught this and called *611 and insisted that I be
> | credited
> | > with the amount due me. They did.
> | >
> | > BUT I don't know if the partial calculation was fair or not. I was
> | charged
> | > roughly $15 on the 6 days. With the options I have, my total monthly
> | charge
> | > is around $52.96. $52.96 divided by 6 days = $8.83. My charge should
> | only
> | > be $8.83 for the 6 days of usage, but Verizon charged me $15.
> | >
> | > Verizon is making money for sure with these first billing scenarios.

Anonymous
July 5, 2004 9:26:44 PM

"Killer Madness" <killermo@cnet.com> wrote in
news:D f5Gc.6712$q45.2331@fe36.usenetserver.com:

> Dude, read the post! What else do you want besides real experiences
> from people? Sheesh.

"They" cannot control what's posted here, so every negative post must be
attacked at all costs....(c;

Just ignore it and read what real users have found....
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 3:26:30 AM

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 23:34:29 -0700, "Proconsul" <nospam@nospam.org> chose to
add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

>"Killer Madness" <killermo@cnet.com> wrote in message
<snip>
>Care to provide any evidence that can be checked? Or do you just want to
>keep shrieking hysterically?....:)

Pro, please stop feeding the troll.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"What do you mean, why's it got to be built? It's a bypass, you've got to
build bypasses." - Mr. Prosser
!